Academy Member Inducted 2006Map & Directions
Ms. Sands is a graduate with honors from the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA., and Rutgers University School of Law. She has been a practicing attorney for over 20 years. She is a former partner and managing shareholder of the law firm of Sands, White & Sands, P.A., specializing in civil litigation, personal injury, medical negligence and insurance law.
In 2001, she began mediating complex, multi-party cases for the mediation firm of Upchurch, Watson, White & Max. She is currently a full-time mediator and shareholder with the Firm. Ms. Sands has mediated cases throughout the state of Florida. She is a frequent lecturer and consultant on issues relevant to complex litigation and mediation. Topics have included: Collateral Sources, Indemnity, Subrogation, Proposals for Settlement, Jury Selection, Medical Negligence, Bad Faith, ERISA, Construction Litigation, Employer Liability, Discrimination, Commercial Litigation, Effective Advocacy in Mediation, Ethics in Mediation, Negotiation, Appellate Mediation, Use of Technology in Mediation, and "How to Doom a Mediation."
- Banking & Finance
- Civil Rights
- Community Associations
- Contract Disputes
- Debt Collections
- Intellectual Property
- Libel & Slander
- Local Govt./Municipalities
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Homes
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability
- Professional Negligence
- Real Estate
- Trusts / Estates
- Wrongful Death
- B.A. University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia PA.
- Certified Civil Circuit Court Mediator
- J.D. Rutgers University School of Law
Memberships & Affiliations
- Principal, Sands, White & Sands P.A., 1983 to 2003
- Member, Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers, 1983 to present
- Member, Florida Bar Standing Committee on Advertising, 1998 to 2004
- Member, Dunn-Blount Chapter of American Inns of Court
- Presentation: "Advanced Mediation Techniques", Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers Conference, June, 2006.
- Presentation: "How to Spin the Mediator and Settle Your Case: Ethical Mediation Advocacy", American Bar Association 2005 Insurance Litigation Committee CLE Seminar, Tucson, AZ.
- Publication: Tort Reform and Tort Law for Non-Lawyer, EM Pulse, Florida College of Emergency Physicians (July 2001)
Please call office for details.