- Practice Commenced2010
- # of MEDS (as of 7/12/23)285
- # of ARBS (as of 7/12/23)27
Wendy’s commercial mediation and arbitration practices include every manner of real estate dispute, both commercial and residential, ranging from purchase and sale disputes (failure to close escrow, time and contingency related issues, defective rehab, non-disclosure, fraud), to landlord/tenant disputes, to lending matters, title matters, and premises liability. Her expertise also includes construction disputes, from complex construction defect claims to course of construction disputes, to breach of contract claims for both commercial and residential projects. In the past, Wendy has also mediated many cases on behalf of pro bono court based mediation panels, while training other mediators, and she is currently a member of the American Arbitration Association (AAA) Commercial and Construction Arbitration and Mediation Panels, the California Association of Realtors (CAR) Mediation Panel, the Community Associations Institute (CAI) Mediation Panel, the California Department of Insurance Mediation Panel, Beverly Hills Bar Association (BHBA) Mediation and Arbitration Panels, and the Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA) Attorney Client Mediation and Arbitration Services Panel. Wendy has completed the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution Certificate Program, including over 200 hours of classroom education and over 60 hours of court based training. She continues to bolster her mediation and arbitration skills by attending and participating on panels at numerous trade conferences and continuing education courses. Wendy is also a Commissioner on the City of Calabasas Planning Commission.
- Business Dissolution
- Community Associations
- Contract Disputes
- Land Use/Planning
- Non-profit Organizations
- Premises Liability
- Property Damage
- Real Estate
- Shareholder Disputes
- Title Disputes
Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine University School of Law – Completed Certificate Program
- Over 200 hours of post J.D. class hours and training in dispute resolution
- Professional Skills Program, Mediating Complex Construction Disputes, Summer 2014
- Professional Skills Program, Advanced Mediation Skills and Techniques, Summer 2015
Loyola Law School of Los Angeles, J.D.
University of California at Los Angeles, B.A.
Memberships & Affiliations
Licenses & Admissions
- California State Bar
- Federal Courts, including United States Supreme Court
- California Department of Real Estate Broker License
- Southern California Mediation Association
- California Dispute Resolution Council
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- San Fernando Valley Bar Association
- Southland Regional and California Association of Realtors, Inc.
- Community Associations Institute
Arbitration, Mediation & Related Panels & Appointments
- American Arbitration Association (AAA) Commercial & Construction Arbitration and Mediation Panels
- Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA) Attorney-Client Mediation and Arbitration Services Panel
- Beverly Hills Bar Association (BHBA) Mediation Panel & Fee Arbitration Panels
- California Association of Realtors Mediation Panel
- Community Associations Institute Mediation Panel
- California Academy of Mediation Professionals Panel
- Judge-U.C.L.A. Annual Mock Trial Tournament & National Championship Tournament
- Negotiation Coach-Straus Institute Women’s Negotiation Academy
- Beverly Hills Bar Association Executive Committee-Section on Conflict Resolution
- Mediation Center of Los Angeles (MCLA) Court approved mediation panel
- Court and Arbitrator appointed provisional director and monitor for at risk homeowner's associations
Arbitration: $4,000 per day for hearings and $400/hr. for all other time. All arbitrations are administered through the American Arbitration Association.
Mediation: $400 per hour. The quoted fees for mediation are inclusive of intake, convening, mediation conference, and necessary follow up. In other words, for greater Los Angeles area mediations the specified fee for a mediation conference will encompass all of the foregoing. There are no additional administrative or hidden fees.