Academy MemberMap & Directions
Regularly travels out of state to: Nevada, New MexicoOther ADR Services: ADR Training/CME, Discovery Referee, Early Neutral Evaluation, Facilitation & Systems Design, Fact Finding, Med-Arb, Special Master
Mr. Landau is a specialist in the field of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), particularly as a Mediator, Arbitrator and Group Facilitator; serving in national and international venues, officiating matters in a variety of industries including business and commerce, real estate, construction and healthcare.
A published author on these subjects he has presented national and international interactive educational training programs for ADR specialists, attorneys and other professionals.
This follows a full and extensive career serving as legal counsel and adviser to national and international business, and their leaders, in a variety of industries; litigating matters for clients in federal and state courts in Arizona and New York; serving as litigation consultant in international venues and as a Judge Pro Tem of the Superior Court.
LandauLaw.org and ArbitrationMediationWORKS.com duplicate and present a broader version of Jerome's diversified background, experience and "presence" on the national and international business scene; as well as some of the "Personal Side" of his life and passions, which are sometimes as important as the professional experience.
Of additional interest is Jerome's service as an Adviser and "Strategic Coach", through which his personal and confidential guidance has been trusted by individuals who have held government and private leadership and financial positions in a wide variety of industries. These include government officials, a Monarchy and Members of a Royal Family, national and international industrialists, scientists, professionals and others.
Jerome's ADR expertise and leadership has been recognized through his invited admission to, and in some cases leadership in, various prestigious ADR panels. These include the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals ("NADN"); the American Arbitration Association ("AAA", Arbitrator and Mediator status on the Commercial, Construction, Real Estate and Healthcare Panels; and as a AAA Regional Adviser); the International Mediation Institute ("IMI", based in the Hague, Netherlands); Financial Industry Regulatory Authority ("FINRA", Arbitrator and Mediator); the U.S. District Court (Arbitrator); the international Association for Conflict Resolution ("ACR", Chair-Commercial Section and its international, construction and real estate committees); the Advanced Commercial Mediation Institute ("ACMI", Chair); U.S. Arbitration & Mediation (Arbitrator and Mediator); Construction Dispute Resolution Services (arbitration, mediation and DRBs).
Jerome has twice been invited to present workshops at the United Nations, where a United Nations publication described him as "bringing techniques for conflict resolution to those endeavoring to bring peace to the world." He is also a contributor of articles to "ACResolutions", an international magazine serving dispute resolution professionals, and formerly served on its Commercial Editorial Board.
Contrary to the thought "those who cannot, teach" - with Jerome it is more appropriate to state "those who excel, want to teach and share a wisdom."
- ADA Disability
- Arts (Fine/Performing)
- Banking & Finance
- Business Dissolution
- Community Associations
- Consumer Fraud
- Contract Disputes
- Cross Cultural
- Debt Collections
- Divorce (High Asset)
- Elder Abuse
- Eminent Domain
- Energy Sector (Oil/Gas)
- Entertainment Sector
- Family Businesses
- Health Care
- Intellectual Property
- Libel & Slander
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Native American
- Natural Disasters
- Non-profit Organizations
- Nursing Homes
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Fees
- Property Damage
- Real Estate
- Religious Institutions
- Shareholder Disputes
- Title Disputes
- Trusts / Estates
- Unfair Competition
- Venture Capital
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) Brooklyn Law School (N.Y.) (1967)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.), Baruch School of Business, City University of New York (1964)
- Special Agent (Financial Investigator), U.S. Treasury Department - legal, financial and investigative training and service (1968-71)
- Graduate, Realtor Institute (GRI, 1998)
- 800 + hours- mediation, arbitration, facilitation as a Trainer or attendee of national and international programs (live and webinar).
- 900 + hours real estate & construction training.
Memberships & Affiliations
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
- International Mediation Institute (testimonials @ IMIMediation.org - keyword "Landau")
- American Arbitration Association (AAA) Multiple Neutral panels (Arbitrator and Mediator); Member -Regional AAA Leadership Council
- Chair (former): Advanced Commercial Mediation Institute (ACMI)
- Chair and Presenter, six (6) annual 2 day ACMI international conferences (venues throughout the United States)
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA);
- Arizona Superior Court Arbitrator;
- State Bar of Arizona - ADR Section Leadership Council; former Chair.
- New York Civil Court Certified Arbitrator (former).
- U.S. Arbitration and Mediation Panelist (former).
- Local, national and international Leadership in Conflict Resolution organizations including:
- Chairman and/or Leadership Council, Commercial Section of the International Association for Conflict Resolution (ACR)
- Co-Chair (former): ACR Commercial Section- International Committee and Construction/Real Estate Committee.
- Founding Co-Director: Arizona Association for Conflict Resolution
- AAA Phoenix Regional Commercial Advisory Panel
- Co-Director: Arizona Dispute Resolution Association (former)
- President (former): Maricopa County Association for Family Mediation.
- Author (former): AC Resolutions - International Conflict Resolution magazine
- Editor (former): - Commercial Issue, ACResolutions
- American Bar Association and Arizona State Bar - ADR Sections
- Empirical Mock Arbitration Panelist -sophisticated Banking & Financial Matters
Please call (480.203.9903). Jerome