Academy MemberMap & Directions
- Practice Commenced: 2013
- Total Mediations (as of Oct 2020): 350
- Total Arbitrations (as of Oct 2020): 1
Mr. Sammons was a very successful trial attorney for 38 years, and his success was recognized by induction into the American College of Trial Lawyers (ACTL). He has been selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers since 2014 and Super Lawers of the Southwest every year since 2010.
During his 38 years of litigation and trial work, Mr. Sammons represented clients in matters involving alleged medical malpractice, elder abuse, product defect, law enforcement negligence, premises defect, trucking industry negligence, and automotive negligence.
Utilizing his decades of experience handling personal injury cases, as well as his national-caliber ADR training outlined below, Mr. Sammons now limits his practice to conducting mediations, arbitrations and discovery master services in personal injury matters.
- Elder Abuse
- Health Care
- Legal Malpractice
- Medical Devices
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Homes
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
- Railroad & Trucking
- Wrongful Death
- Northern Arizona University, BS 1974 - dual majors Biology and Chemistry
- University of San Diego Law School 1978 - J.D. cum laude
- "Mediating the Litigated Case" at Pepperdine University's renowned Straus Institute of Dispute Resolution
- Advanced training from the Dispute Resolution section of the American Bar Association
- Mediation training with the Institute for Conflict Management
- F.A.S.T. Professional Facilitation training
- Organization & Relationship Systems Coaching
Memberships & Affiliations
- Arizona (1978), active.
- California (1978), inactive
- United States District Court for the District of Arizona (1978), active.
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals (1990), active.
- American Bar Association.
- Arizona State Bar Association:
- Continuing Legal Education Committee, Past Member;
- Continuing Legal Education Sub-Committee on Publications, Past Chairman.
- California State Bar Association, past member
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- Continuing Legal Education Committee, Past Chairman.
My hourly rate for mediation- or arbitration-related services is $450.00. I charge only for the time preparing for, and participating in, the mediation or arbitration. Meaning, even if a session is booked for all day, the participation charge will be limited to the time I spend at the session. Within Arizona, I do not charge for either travel time or travel-related expenses. Outside of Arizona, I charge for reasonable travel and lodging accommodations, if needed, but do not charge for travel time.