Academy Member Inducted 2010Map & Directions
- Practice Commenced1990
- # of MEDS (as of 29/9/23)5000
- # of ARBS (as of 29/9/23)35
Online / In-Person
Tommy Proctor has over 40 years legal experience, including 30 years as mediator and arbitrator. He has mediated over 5000 cases since 1990. He routinely mediates state and federal cases, both voluntary and by assignment, as well as pre-suit matters. He has also acted as sole or panel arbitrator in over 30 proceedings.
Cases have included the broad spectrum of civil disputes such as personal injury, products liability, mass tort, medical and other professional liability, oil and gas/energy, insurance, construction, real estate, maritime, intellectual property, employment and business/commercial matters.
- Civil Rights
- Class Actions
- Contract Disputes
- Energy Sector (Oil/Gas)
- Intellectual Property
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Shareholder Disputes
- South Texas College of Law, J.D., 1980
- University of Texas at Austin, B.B.A. in Finance and General Business, 1977
Mediation training has included Association of Attorney-Mediator (AAM) and A.A. White Dispute Resolution Institute's 1990 joint mediation training, AAM advanced training programs, and Attorney Mediators Institute Advanced Mediator Trainings. Have served as both presenter and participant in numerous AAM, International Academy of Mediators (IAM), State Bar of Texas, American Bar Association, law school and other CLE programs.
Memberships & Affiliations
- President, Houston Bar Association 2007-2008. HBA director, 1999-2010.
- Distinguished Fellow, International Academy of Mediators, 1997 - present.
- Member, Association of Attorney-Mediators; AAM President, 1992-1993.
- 2000 AAM Steve Brutsche Award Recipient honoring contributions to the dispute resolution profession.
- Credentialed Distinguished Mediator, Texas Mediator Credentialing Association.
- Director State Bar of Texas 2008-2012; served in various positions including Executive Committee, Liaison to Judicial Section and Laison to the Court Rules Committee. Member: Litigation, Corporate Counsel and Alternative Dispute Resolution Sections.
- Eleven years selected as Texas Super Lawyer
- Member, State Bar of Texas and American Bar Association.
- Past president and director Houston Lawyer Referral Service, Former director Houston Volunteer Lawyers Program.
- Licensed in Texas, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas, and U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit.
Please call office for details - (713) 871-2500