Academy MemberMap & Directions
Regularly travels out of state to: California, Oregon, TexasOther ADR Services: Special Master
Thomas J. Brewer serves as an arbitrator, mediator and dispute resolution neutral in international and domestic disputes. Previously a trial lawyer representing clients in commercial disputes, he has more than twenty-five years of experience serving as an arbitrator, mediator and court-appointed special master in commercial, energy (oil, gas & electric), health care, construction, intellectual property, international and other types of business disputes. Since 2000 he has limited his practice to providing alternative dispute resolution services.
Mr. Brewer has served as an arbitrator and mediator in more than a thousand business disputes involving a wide variety of parties and issues. The cases have ranged in size and complexity from eight- and nine-figure contract, intellectual property, licensing, international, energy, health care and construction disputes, to a broad range of other disputes involving breach-of-contract; breach-of-warranty; business purchase and sale; unfair competition and other business torts; employment termination; insurance; professional liability; telecommunications; valuation and many other types of issues.
He is a Fellow of the College of Commercial Arbitrators and has been listed as a "Washington Super Lawyer" (2000-2010) and in the Lawdragon "500 Leading Judges in America."
- Contract Disputes
- Energy Sector (Oil/Gas)
- Health Care
- Intellectual Property
- Legal Malpractice
- Local Govt./Municipalities
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Native American
- Professional Fees
- Professional Liability
- Real Estate
- Shareholder Disputes
- Trusts / Estates
- Dartmouth College (B.A., Government, magna cum laude, 1968);
- Oxford University (B.A., Jurisprudence, First Class Honours, Rhodes Scholar, 1973);
- Harvard Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, law review, 1975).
Memberships & Affiliations
- Charter Member, National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
- Member of the International, Large Complex Case, Commercial, Energy, Construction and Mediation panels of neutrals of the American Arbitration Association.
- Member of the International, Energy, Oil and Gas, Health Care & Life Science, and Seattle panels of neutrals of the CPR Institute of Dispute Resolution.
- Fellow, College of Commercial Arbitrators.
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
- Member, London Court of International Arbitration North American User's Council.
$485 per hour for hearing and study time.