Academy MemberMap & Directions
Practice Limited to Mediation and Arbitration of Commercial Disputes. Administrative Office of the Courts, State of New Jersey, Certified Statewide Civil Mediator. Appointed on a regular basis by Judges in Passaic, Bergen, Morris, and Essex Counties to mediate disputes. Disputes include but not limited to commercial transactions, employment, pharmaceutical, health care, real estate, banking, elder conflicts, foreclosure, and trusts and estates.
Previously worked with Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) as a Contract Mediator. Secured a highly competitive federal contract from the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission to mediate employment disputes. National program in which I serve on a select panel of mediators chosen to handle disputes in the Newark and Philadelphia office. Mediators address a wide variety of cases filed under the Federal anti-discrimination laws enforced by the EEOC which prohibit employment discrimination.
Additionally, as Attorney to the Chilton Memorial Hospital Bioethics Committee, I serve as Legal Counsel to this multidisciplinary board which deals with complex legal issues involved in bioethical consultations of patients with end of life issues. Such elder mediations include but are not limited to interpretation of living wills, resolution of conflicts among families and/or medical personnel and the withdrawal of life-sustaining treatments. Additional duties include providing training to hospital and community members on legal aspects of bioethical issues.
- Business Dissolution
- Contract Disputes
- Eminent Domain
- Health Care
- Land Use/Planning
- Non-profit Organizations
- Pensions / ERISA
- Real Estate
- Sexual Harassment
- Trusts / Estates
LLM: Seton Hall University School of Law 1999
- Nationally recognized LL.M. in Health Law and Policy
JD: Vanderbilt University School of Law 1981
- Associate Editor, Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law
- Published Article Winter 1982 “Tax Expatriation”
- Student Intern: IRS Estate and Gift Tax Division
- Student Intern: 6th Circuit Court of Appeals, Honorable Gilbert S. Merritt
Judicial Clerkship: TN. Supreme Court, 1981-83, Honorable Ray L. Brock (Deceased)
BS: Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania 1975
- Magna Cum Laude Graduate, Business Concentration: Management
- Elected National Business Honor Society (Beta Gamma Sigma) & Senior Women’s Honor Society
- Selected to prestigious Sub-matriculation Honor’s Program
Memberships & Affiliations
- Justice Marie Garibaldi Inn of Court for Alternate Dispute Resolution (ADR). Chair Elect, Programming Chairman of the prestigious statewide organization for the advancement of mediation and arbitration and mentoring members of the bar in ADR use.
- Vice Chair of NJSBA Alternate Dispute Resolution; member of Healthcare, Employment and Labor, and Elder Law Sections.
- Member of the American Bar Association, New Jersey State Bar Association, Passaic County Bar Association.
- New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators (NJAPM).
- CEDR Accredited Mediator. (Center for Effective Dispute Resolution is the largest independent alternative dispute resolution body in Europe).
$375./hr or $2,500/day. Travel time is charged if more than one hour.