Academy MemberMap & Directions
Regularly travels out of state to: Connecticut, New JerseyOther ADR Services: ADR Training/CME, Early Neutral Evaluation
Simeon Baum, President of Resolve Mediation Services, Inc., has successfully mediated over 1,000 disputes. He has been active since 1992 as a neutral in dispute resolution, assuming the roles of mediator, neutral evaluator and arbitrator in a variety of cases, including the highly publicized mediation of the Studio Daniel Libeskind-Silverstein Properties dispute over architectural fees relating to the redevelopment of the World Trade Center site, and Trump's $ 1 billion suit over the West Side Hudson River development. Since 2005, he has consistently been listed in “Best Lawyers” and “New York Super Lawyers” for ADR, was the Best Lawyers’ “Lawyer of the Year” for ADR in New York for 2011, 2014, and 2018; and in International Who’s Who of Commercial Mediation Lawyers 2012-18.
An attorney, with over 30 years' experience as a litigator, Mr. Baum has served as a mediator or ADR neutral in a wide variety of matters involving claims concerning business disputes, financial services, securities industry disputes, reinsurance and insurance coverage, property damage and personal injury, malpractice, employment, ERISA benefits, accounting, civil rights, partnership, family business, real property, construction, surety bond defaults, unfair competition, fraud, bank fraud, bankruptcy, intellectual property, and commercial claims.
Mr. Baum has a longstanding involvement in Alternative Dispute Resolution ("ADR"). He has served as a neutral for the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York Mediation Panels; New Jersey Superior Court, Civil Part, Statewide; Commercial Division, New York State Supreme Court, New York & Westchester Counties; U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern & Eastern Districts of New York; the New York Stock Exchange; National Association of Securities Dealers; the U.S. Postal Service, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, CPR, AAA, and National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals (NADN), among others.
- ADA Disability
- Arts (Fine/Performing)
- Banking & Finance
- Civil Rights
- Class Actions
- Community Associations
- Contract Disputes
- Cross Cultural
- Entertainment Sector
- Family Businesses
- Intellectual Property
- Legal Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Fees
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Real Estate
- Shareholder Disputes
- Trusts / Estates
- Wrongful Death
Mr. Baum is a graduate of the Fordham University School of Law, where he was Commentary Editor of the Fordham International Law Journal, and received his B.A., cum laude, and M.A., with distinction, in the Comparative Study of Religion from Colgate University. He speaks Spanish and Japanese.
Prior to attending law school he worked for the options trading operation of O'Connor & Associates on the American Stock Exchange ("AMEX") and opened and ran the New York office of First Options of Chicago, a stock options clearing house serving stock options market makers.
Memberships & Affiliations
Mr. Baum has served as a neutral for:
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York Mediation Panel;
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York Mediation and Early Neutral Evaluation Panels;
- US Bankruptcy Court ADR panels for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York;
- New York State Supreme Court's Commercial Division ADR Panels for New York, Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester and Queens Counties;
- New York County Supreme Court's Matrimonial Fee Dispute Arbitration Panel (Part 136); and Joint Committee on Fee Disputes and Conciliation (tri Bar panel) ADR Panel of Arbitrators and Mediators (Part 137);
- New Jersey's Superior Court, Statewide;
- New York County Small Claims Court's Arbitration and Mediation Panels;
- Mediation panel of The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA, formerly the National Association of Securities Dealers ("NASD"));
- Mediation panels for the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) and the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC),
- New York City Bar Association's ADR panel for disputes between lawyers;
- Center for Conflict Prevention and Resolution (CPR)
- American Arbitration Association (AAA)
- New York County Lawyers Associatioin (NYCLA)
He also has served on the ADR Advisory Group and Mediation Ethics Advisory Committee, for the New York State Unified Court System. He served as the first Chair of the New York State Bar Association's Dispute Resolution Section. During his term, the Section grew from a former ADR Committee of 93 members to an 800 member Section. He had previously served as subcommittee chair of the New York State Bar Association's ADR Committee. He is past Chair of the New York County Lawyers Association's Committee on Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution, and also chaired its Continuing Legal Education ("CLE") subcommittee for several years. He is on the Board of Governors, NYS Attorney-Client Fee Dispute Resolution Program, and served as Chair of the Joint Committee on Fee Disputes and Conciliation (a collaboration of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York, NYCLA, and the Bronx County Bar Association), when Part 137 of the Rules of the Chief Administrator of the New York State Court was first implemented. This required forming and training a panel of neutrals and overseeing the mandatory arbitration and voluntary mediation of attorney client fee disputes in New York and Bronx Counties. Mr. Baum has also served as Chair of the Legislative Tracking Subcommittee of the ABA Litigation Section's Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee; and as a member of the ABA's Dispute Resolution Section's Mediation Committee.
Call the office for details