Academy Member Inducted 2016Map & Directions
Regularly travels out of state to: FloridaOther ADR Services: ADR Training/CME, Discovery Referee, Early Neutral Evaluation, Fact Finding, Insurance Umpire, Med-Arb, Mini-Trial Judge, Special Master
- Practice Commenced: 1997
- Total Mediations (as of Oct 2022): 1000
- Total Arbitrations (as of Oct 2022): 50
Included in the 'Superlawyers' (Thomson-Reuters) and 'Best Lawyers' (ALM Publishing) Lists for Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR); Insurance Coverage; Construction. [Comparison methodology may be obtained directly from the organizations, see www.superlawyers.com. 'No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey'. See RPC 7.1(a)(3)(iii).] These designations are publicshed for the last several years by New York and New Jersey Magazines. Fellow Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. Member of the AAA and the District of New Jersey Hurricane Sandy ADR Panels. Has appeared on panels with other select arbitrators for insurance coverage disputes, primarily on behalf of the insureds who have appointed her as a party appointee. These arbitrations have been conducted under the auspices of both CPR as well as the American Arbitration Association and its international affiliate, the International Center for Dispute Resolution. Arbitrator with the AAA since 1996 for the construction and commercial litigation panels. Member of the select group of AAA commercial and construction mediators. Following appointments by the AAA, asked to mediate for the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey. Member of that panel since 2000 and has been asked by the Court to renew her appointment. Success rate at resolving commercial mediations exceeds 85%.
Has mediated over 750 cases privately and for the federal and state courts.
Certified by the Supreme Court of Florida as a Circuit Mediator - number 3327GR.
My philosophy as a mediator is that I act as a facilitator but an not reluctant to provide a candid, frank, evaluation of the parties' positions, if parties so consent. I will evaluate the case for settlement purposes based upon my professional evaluation, the subtexts I am discerning from the parties and counsel, and where I feel a common ground might be achieved. Mostly I will spend time privately with each side to guage their wilingness to resolve rather than using brackets or acting simply as the emissary to convey demands and offers.
If the parties are amenable, I will spend time with each side and rather have parties give up positions in the legal proceeding will speak extensively with them so that they need not modify offers or demands, but rather consider a common number that I will recommend.
Although this is a novel approach, it often works when parties are anxious to resolve the dispute, yet reluctant to alter their positions with respect to the adverse side.
In effect, in those cases, they are mediating with the mediator.
I have many attorneys that routinely refer mediation cases to me based upon my historical track record. Many attorneys over the past 15 years have repeatedly sent me their cases to mediate based upon my prior track record. This is of course disclosed to the adverse side.
As for arbitration, I have handled complex construction cases and have acted as party appointed as well as Chair of such panels. I have also acted as R-7 Arbitrator in the context of joinder of parties.
Arbitration matters have been handled domestically and internationally where disputes involve projects outside the United States.
- Business Dissolution
- Class Actions
- Community Associations
- Consumer Fraud
- Contract Disputes
- Family Businesses
- Libel & Slander
- Mortgage Foreclosure
- Property Damage
- Real Estate
- Shareholder Disputes
- Trusts / Estates
- Unfair Competition
- Wage & Hour/FMLA
- Workers' Compensation
- State University of New York at Albany, B.A., summa cum laude
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- Rutgers University Newark, J.D., with Honors
Memberships & Affiliations
- Included in the 'Superlawyers' (Thomson-Reuters) and 'Best Lawyers' (ALM Publishing) Lists for Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR); Insurance Coverage; Construction. [Comparison methodology may be obtained directly from the organizations, see www.superlawyers.com. 'No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey'. See RPC 7.1(a)(3)(iii).]
- Certified Mediator with the International Mediation Institute (www.imimediation.org)
- Certified by the Florida Supreme Court as a Circuit Civil Mediator number 33276R
- American Arbitration Association - Construction/Commercial Mediator and Arbitrator(www.adr.org)
- Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution Distinguished Neutral(www.cpradr.org)
- FINRA Certified Mediator and Arbitrator (www.finra.org)
- Hurricane Sandy State of New Jersey Mediator with AAA
- Officer of The Justice Marie L. Garibaldi American Inn of Court for Alternative Dispute Resolution