Academy MemberMap & Directions
- Practice Commenced: 1995
- Total Mediations (as of Jan 2021): 700
- Total Arbitrations (as of Jan 2021): 20
Russell D. Cook has conducted over 700 private mediations. The cases that have been mediated include many complex construction cases, business cases, wage and hour (including prevailing wage claims), personal injury, real estate disputes, insurance coverage disputes, claims involving public agencies, inverse condemnation claims, and residential and commercial landlords.
Mr. Cook has acted as a Judge Pro Tem for the Fresno County Superior Court, conducting settlement conferences for the past 24 years. During that time, he has conducted well over 100 such settlement conferences.
Russell D. Cook is on the panel of mediators through the Superior Court in Fresno, Tulare, Kings and Merced Counties. He is also on the panel of mediators through the United States District Court Eastern District of California.
Mr. Cook is also on the panel of mediators through private associations, including the California Association of Realtors. He is on both the mediation and arbitration panels of the American Arbitration Association.
Mr. Cook is AV rated by Martindale Hubbell. He was also selected as a SuperLawyer for the year 2019.
- Class Actions
- Contract Disputes
- Elder Abuse
- Legal Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Real Estate
- Sexual Harassment
- Trusts / Estates
- Wage & Hour/FMLA
- Wrongful Death
- California State University, Fresno BS 1976
- San Joaquin College of Law, JD 1980
Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of California
- Association of General Contractors
- Southern California Mediation Association
- Association for Conflict Resolution
- Fresno County Bar Association
- Eastern Madera County Bar Association
- Mariposa County Bar Assocation
- Panel Mediator, California Association of Realtors
- Panel Mediator, United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- Panel Arbitrator, Kern County Superior Court
- Panel Member of American Arbitration Association
- AV Rated, Martindale Hubbell
- Top Rated in Alternate Dispute Resolution by Superlawyers
$1,750.00 for half day mediations ($350.00 per hour, minimum of 4 hours plus 1 hour of preparation and administrative time)
$3,500.00 for full day mediations ($350.00 per hour, minimum of 8 hours plus 2 hours of preparation and administrative time)
No travel charges within Fresno, Tulare, Kings, Merced, Mariposa and Madera Counties.
No cancellation fee if cancelled the day (24 hours) before the start of the mediation.