Robert W. Hassold Jr.
Post Office Box 8882
1225 S. Church St. (29605)
Greenville, SC, 29604-8882
Fax: email: email@example.com
Before deciding to limit his practice primarily to mediation and neutral services in 2000, Mr. Hassold's prior legal practice focused on contracts and mediation, arbitration, and litigation of civil disputes in all forums. Extensive prior experience as arbitrator, American Arbitration Association Blue Ribbon Panel, in commercial and construction disputes including large, complex and international disputes. He is a former chair of the South Carolina Supreme Court's Board of Arbitrator and Mediator Certification, former chair of the Rules Committee of the Supreme Court's Joint Commission on ADR, former chair of the South Carolina Bar's Dispute Resolution Section and former chair of the Bar's Construction Law Section. Mr. Hassold received the Dean's Award from Clemson University's College of Architecture for his role as a lecturer on "Team Approach:Reducing Adversarial Relationships in Construction" and received the C.C. "Cotton" Harness III Peace Award from the S.C. Bar Dispute Resolution Section and was named The Best Lawyers in America 2018 Greenville Mediation "Lawyer of the Year".
Mr. Hassold has conducted over 2000 mediations in his state-wide mediation practice focusing on the mediation of State Court, Federal Court, pre-lawsuit, complex and multi-party disputes involving a wide range of issues. Mr. Hassold also offers mediation services for contract negotiations, arbitration and other neutral services.
- Banking & Finance
- Business Dissolution
- Contract Disputes
- Debt Collections
- Eminent Domain
- Family Businesses
- Intellectual Property
- Land Use/Planning
- Legal Malpractice
- Libel & Slander
- Medical Malpractice
- Mortgage Foreclosure
- Nursing Homes
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Fees
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
- Real Estate
- Religious Institutions
- Shareholder Disputes
- Title Disputes
- Trusts / Estates
- Workers' Compensation
- Wrongful Death
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., 1976
- University of South Carolina, J.D., 1979
- Harvard Law School, Negotiation Workshop,1995
- American Arbitration Association, Arbitrator Training, 1987 and 1988, Mediator Training, 1990 and 1993
Memberships & Affiliations
- Fellow, American College of Civil Trial Mediators, 2004 - 2014
- Chair, 1996 to 2002, South Carolina Supreme Court Board of Arbitrator and Mediator Certification;
- Member, 1994-2002, South Carolina Supreme Court Joint Commission on ADR (Chair, Rules Committee);
- Member, South Carolina Bar Association (Chair, 1994-1995, 2009-2010, Dispute Resolution Section)(Chair 1992-1994, Construction Law Section);
- Member, Greenville County Bar Association, (Chair, 1993, Settlement Week);
- Dean's Award, 1995, Clemson University, College of Architecture, Arts and Humanities;
- The Best Lawyers in America for Alternative Dispute Resolution;
- C.C. "Cotton" Harness III "Peace Award", 2014, S.C. Bar Dispute Resolution Section
- Martindale Hubbell (AV Rating).
MEDIATOR FEE: $360/hour divided equally among the parties, unless otherwise agreed
TRAVEL TIME: In State: No charge. Out of State: Case by case basis.
COSTS AND EXPENSES: As incurred.
PARTY: Defined as a party or parties (actual or potential) represented by separate counsel with potentially differing interests at stake.