Academy MemberMap & Directions
Regularly travels out of state to: Connecticut, Delaware, New York, PennsylvaniaOther ADR Services: ADR Training/CME, Discovery Referee, Early Neutral Evaluation, Facilitation & Systems Design, Fact Finding, Med-Arb, Special Master
Richard H. Steen is the managing member of
Richard H. Steen, LLC, Attorneys at Law, an AV rated law firm in
Mr. Steen regularly mediates high value, multi-party disputes involving public and private sector parties. Issues in these disputes have included construction claims, contract interpretation and performance, regulatory and enforcement actions, professional malpractice, agency representation agreements, vendor and equipment supply, insurance, and warranty coverage. His experience as an arbitrator includes multi-million dollar, multi-party construction and environmental disputes and commercial, residential and public construction matters. Mr. Steen has served as chairperson of a panel or sole arbitrator in substantial arbitration proceedings involving performance issues, design and construction defects, schedule delay and acceleration, cost overruns, financing disputes, differing site conditions, and constructive changes.
- Banking & Finance
- Business Dissolution
- Community Associations
- Consumer Fraud
- Contract Disputes
- Debt Collections
- Legal Malpractice
- Lemon Law
- Local Govt./Municipalities
- Mortgage Foreclosure
- Product Liability
- Professional Fees
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Public Policy
- Real Estate
- Shareholder Disputes
- Trusts / Estates
- Drexel University (BS-1972);
- Seton Hall Law School (JD-1975). Co-Editor in Chief, Seton Hall Legislative Journal
Memberships & Affiliations
- New Jersey State Bar Association – (President 2010-2011; Dispute Resolution Section, Founding Chair; Construction Law Section, Past Chair);
- New Jersey Supreme Court Standing Committee on Complementary Dispute Resolution (Chair, Administration Subcommittee);Arbitration Advisory Committee; Advisory Committee on Mediation Standards; Civil Mediation Mentoring Committee
- American Bar Association (House of Delegates 2009-2012, Fellow, American Bar Foundation; Fellow, National Conference of Bar Presidents; Forum on Construction, Division 1 Steering Committee; Litigation Section, ADR Committee, Construction Subcommittee Chair, Task Force on Ethical Standards in Mediation);
- New Jersey Corporate Counsel Association (Past Director; ADR Committee, Past Chair);
- Mercer County Bar Association;
- New Jersey Institute of Municipal Attorneys.
Awards and Honors:
- New Jersey State Bar Association – Professional Lawyer of the Year, 2012, ADR Practitioner of the Year Award, 1998-99, Distinguished Legislative Services Award, 2002 and Legends of ADR Award, 2007.
- New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education – Distinguished Service Award, 2006.
- Master and Past President of the Justice Marie L. Garibaldi American Inn of Court for Alternative Dispute Resolution.
Please call for details.