Academy Member Inducted 2023
- Practice Commenced: 7
- Total Mediations (as of Jan 2023): 55
- Total Arbitrations (as of Jan 2023): 2
During Reed’s years of legal experience, he has tried over sixty (60) civil jury trials to verdict as lead counsel and has second‑chaired numerous other civil jury trials in both state and federal courts. Reed tried the first ADA case in Southeastern Idaho and obtained a favorable plaintiff’s verdict for his client.
He has tried over one hundred (100) court trials and administrative hearings. Reed is frequently involved in representing his clients in mediation and other forms of ADR, a subject on which he has been invited to lecture by his peers. He has argued appeals before the Idaho Supreme Court, the Idaho Court of Appeals and the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Reed’s litigation experience includes auto accident cases, repetitive trauma injuries in the workplace, Federal Employer Liability Act (FELA) litigation, railroad crossing cases, personal injury insurance defense, agricultural litigation and Indian law. He is an AV rated lawyer by Martindale Hubble and listed as a Top Civil Litigation Defense Lawyer in 2013 Super Lawyer Mountain States Edition. Reed is a member of the American College of Trial Lawyers and a Fellow in the Litigation counsel of America.
Reed Larsen was born and raised in Burley, Idaho. He has enjoyed horses and rodeo his whole life and is currently the Chairman of the Intermountain Professional Rodeo Association and participates in IMPRA rodeos and Team Roping Jackpots as often as possible.
In his off time, Reed enjoys skiing. His skiing has led to a passion for helicopter skiing in British Columbia. He likes to hunt, fish, ride horses, team rope and spend time with his three children and being a grandfather to his three grandchildren.
- ADA Disability
- Business Dissolution
- Contract Disputes
- Divorce (High Asset)
- Elder Abuse
- Family Businesses
- Health Care
- Land Use/Planning
- Legal Malpractice
- Lemon Law
- Libel & Slander
- Medical Devices
- Medical Malpractice
- Native American
- Nursing Homes
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
- Public Policy
- Railroad & Trucking
- Religious Institutions
- Sexual Harassment
- Title Disputes
- Trusts / Estates
- Wage & Hour/FMLA
- Workers' Compensation
- Wrongful Death
- Undergraduate degree Brigham Young University in 1982
- University of Idaho Law School in 1985.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Senior Fellow with the Litigation Council of America
- Served as a law clerk in the Fifth Judicial District.
- Admitted to practice before all State and Federal Courts in Idaho in 1985.
- Admitted to practice before the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in 1999
- Admitted to practice before the Shoshone Bannock Tribal Court in 1986.
- President of the Southeast Idaho Claims Association (1990)
- Secretary of the 6th District Bar Association (2001)
- President of the 6th District Bar Association (2003‑2004)
- State Bar Commissioner from 2009 through 2012, representing the Sixth and Seventh Districts. From July 2011 to July 2012 he was the State Bar President.
- Idaho Judicial Council in July, 2015.
Current hourly rate for 2022 and 2023 is $250 per hour $1200 mininum charge.