Academy Member Inducted 2020Map & Directions
- Practice Commenced2001
- # of MEDS (as of 1/10/23)450
- # of ARBS (as of 1/10/23)10
Online / In-Person
Mitch Griffith has been a leader in the South Carolina legal community since 1992, when he and Nancy Sadler formed the firm of Griffith and Sadler, P.A., a predecessor to the current Griffith, Freeman & Liipfert, LLC.
Mr. Griffith has an active trial practice and has tried cases in all counties within the Fourteenth Judicial Circuit, as well as other counties in the state courts of South Carolina and the U.S. District Court for South Carolina. He has argued appellate cases before the South Carolina
Court of Appeals and the South Carolina Supreme Court.
He is active in the state and local bar associations, and served as president of the Beaufort Bar Association from 1997 to 1999.
Mr. Griffith is a Certified Mediator . His mediation practice extends to through out the state and primarily in the 1st, 2nd, 9th and 14th Circuits. those ciecuits include Allendale, Bamberg, Barnwell, Beaufort, Charleston, Colleton, Dorchester, Hampton, and Jasper counties. He has been certified since 2004.
Following law school, he worked as a judicial clerk for the Honorable Luke N. Brown, Jr., resident judge for the Fourteenth Judicial Circuit, before entering private practice in 1985.
- Civil Rights
- Contract Disputes
- Legal Malpractice
- Libel & Slander
- Local Govt./Municipalities
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Railroad & Trucking
- Workers' Compensation
- Wrongful Death
- J.D., University of South Carolina School of Law, 1983
- B.A., Accounting, cum laude, Wofford College, 1980
Memberships & Affiliations
- South Carolina Bar, 1983
- U.S. District Court, South Carolina, 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth District, 1985
- American College of Trial Lawyers (ACTL)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC)
- Listed in Super Lawyers, 2011-2022
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association
-- Executive Committee, 2004-2014
- South Carolina Bar Trial and Appellate Advocacy Section
-- Chair, 2002-2003
- Beaufort County Bar Association, President 1997-1999
Mediation Rate: $375.00 per hour
Travel Rate: $150.00 per hour