Academy MemberMap & Directions
In 1988, Michelle Jernigan was one of the first mediators to be certified by the Florida Supreme Court. Since launching her mediation career in 1987, Ms. Jernigan has mediated 1000's of cases throughout Florida.
As a pioneer in mediation, Ms. Jernigan served as a consultant to the Florida Supreme Court as it established mediation mentorship rules. In 1997, Chief Justice Gerald Kogan appointed her to a four-year term on the Florida Supreme Court Mediation Training Review Board. She is currently serving her second four-year term.
In 1998, Ms. Jernigan was selected to mediate and arbitrate 40 class-action claims involving policyholders from Prudential Life Insurance Co., following a negotiated and highly specified dispute resolution process. In 1999, Ms. Jernigan became certified as an NASD arbitrator and mediator. To date she has mediated and arbitrated numerous securities claims. Ms. Jernigan has also developed and implemented mediation training programs for Orlando Regional Healthcare Systems and Eckerd Corporation. She regularly provides mediation training at basic and advanced courses in Florida and is a recognized speaker in the field of ADR.
- ADA Disability
- Community Associations
- Contract Disputes
- Debt Collections
- Eminent Domain
- Intellectual Property
- Personal Injury
- Professional Negligence
- Trusts / Estates
- Wrongful Death
- J.D. Stetson University College of Law, 1981
- B.S. Stetson University, 1979
- Nova University, Post Graduate Studies / Psychology
- Certified Circuit Court Mediator
- Certified U.S. District Court Mediator, Middle District of Florida
Certified Florida Court Arbitrator
Memberships & Affiliations
- Founding Member / Director / Past President of Florida Association of Professional Mediators
- Member/Director: American College of Civil Trial Mediators
- Member: Employment Law Committee, Orange County Bar Association
- Mediator: Florida Bar Mediation Grievance Program
- Member: Florida Supreme Court Mediation Training Review Board
- Consultant: Florida Supreme Court Mediation Mentorship Rules development
- Co-Author: "Mediation Proceedings" Chapter 8 Florida Dissolution of Marriage, (4th ed.1993).
- NASD Mediator and Arbitrator
$450 per hour, divided equally between parties.