Academy MemberMap & Directions
I currently spend aproximately one-half of my time mediating and one-half litigating and practicing law. The majority of cases I mediate involve pending litigation but a strong plurality involve cases in which no legal action is pending and where the parties hope to avoid litigation and view ADR as a much more viable alternative. I have mediated numerous cases with multiple counsel, CPAs and other experts present, along with the parties, and I have mediated a growing significant number of cases with just the parties present. I am totally comfortable in either setting.
Since approximately 2000, I have successfully mediated approximately 1000 cases, some involving complex issues regarding business valuations and multiple corporations and LLCs and other complicated financial issues.
I have been continuously listed in Best Lawyers in America as a family law practitioner since 2007 and as both a family law practitioner and family law mediator since 2008. I have been continuously listed in North Carolina Super Lawyers as a family law practitioner since 2007.
- Contract Disputes
- Cross Cultural
- Debt Collections
- Divorce (High Asset)
- Family Businesses
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability
- Real Estate
- Trusts / Estates
- B.A., With Honors in Political Science, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 1973
- J.D., Wake Forest University, 1976
Memberships & Affiliations
- North Carolina State Bar (Member, Family Law Specialty Committee, 2006 to 2012)
- North Carolina Bar Association (Member, Dispute Resolution Section, Family Law Section, Litigation Section, GP Small Firm Section)
- Twenty-Eighth Judicial District Bar (Member, Executive Committee, 2008 to 2013)
- American Bar Association, Member, Dispute Resolution Section
Please call for details.