Academy MemberMap & Directions
Mike Crooks is a shareholder with the Milwaukee firm of Peterson, Johnson & Murray, S.C., and runs the Madison office. His practice includes insurance defense, medical malpractice, products liability, breach of contract, and third-party recovery. He has held many titles, including Dane County’s Top Lawyers (2002-03, 2005 and 2007-08), Board Certified Trial Lawyer, Super Lawyer (2006-10), Best Lawyers in America (2007-2009), President of WDC (2005-2006) as well as long time WDC Board member. He was formerly Treasurer of the James E. Doyle Inn of Courts. He is a special investigator for the Office of Lawyer Regulation, was appointed Court Commissioner by Judge Markson and is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocacy (ABOTA). He is admitted to practice in all Wisconsin State and Federal Courts and the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals. He is AV rated by Martindale Hubbell.
- Contract Disputes
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Negligence
- University of Wisconsin J.D., cum laude, 1990
- University of Notre Dame B.A., cum laude, 1987
Memberships & Affiliations
- Young Lawyers Liaison between the Defense Research Institute Civil Trial Counsel of Wisconsin
- President, Civil Trial Counsel of Wisconsin, 2005-2006
- Treasurer of the James E. Doyle Inn of Courts
Hourly rate is $265 per hour split between participating parties.