Academy MemberMap & Directions
Regularly travels out of state to: Arizona, Nevada, UtahOther ADR Services: Fact Finding, Special Master
Prior to becoming full-time Neutral worked as full-time Construction Attorney: 50% of time spent on drafting and negotiating construction related agreements and other 50% of time spent on construction litigation, arbitration, and mediation. As National Chair of Construction Law Groups at Pillsbury and Sonnenschein firms specialized in complex construction related agreements and construction disputes valued at in excess of $1 million. Nationally recognized authority on the drafting and negotiation of major construction-related documents.
Author of over thirty-five (35) publications on Construction Law and Construction ADR topics. Served as seminar participant or featured lecturer for ABA, California State Bar, LACBA, AAA, and numerous construction industry and ADR organizations. Recent seminars and publications include: "Thirty Steps to a Better Arbitration," Dispute Resolution Journal (with Judith Ittig), 2004; "The Aladdin Hotel, Casino, & Shopping Center Projects: Construction Arbitration Gone Super-Sized," "The Importance of Documentation in Public Works Construction," "An Introduction to the Use of Project Neutrals," and "The Importance of Insurance and Bonds: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly," Third Annual Conference on Avoiding and Resolving Construction Claims, Los Angeles: 2004; "Project Neutrals and Judicial References in Construction Arbitrations," AAA Arbitration Day on B2B Disputes, 2003; "ADR Design for Construction Projects" and "ADR Advocacy - Preparing and Presenting Your Case," Pepperdine Law School; 2003; "Ten Commandments of Effective Arbitration Advocacy that Aren't in the ADR Rules or the ADR Books," 2003; "ADR Advocacy Tips for Construction Consultants," 2003; "How to be a Better LCCP Arbitrator," 2003.
- Real Estate
- University of California, Berkeley (AB with Highest Honors, Phi Beta Kappa - 1976);
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law (J.D., Associate Executive Editor, Hastings Law Journal - 1979).
Completed all of AAA basic and advanced Arbitrator trainings. Attended AAA National ADR Retreats (Chicago - 2003, 2000; Orlando - 2004, 1998; Palm Springs - 2005).
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association (Construction Forum Committee and Section on Dispute Resolution)
- California State Bar, Real Property Section (Past Co-Chair, Construction Law Subsection)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Real Property Section (Past Chair of Construction Law Subsection and Past Chair of Real Property Section).
- American Arbitration Association (Member, AAA Los Angeles Regional Office B2B Advisory Committee;
- Chair, AAA Los Angeles Construction Advisory Subcommittee;
- Member, AAA National Panel of Master Construction Arbitrators;
- Association for Conflict Resolution (ARC);
- California Dispute Resolution Council (CDRC);
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Dispute Resolution Services (DRS).
For Mediation & Arbitration rates, please view Printable PDF Resume above.