Academy Member Inducted 2020Map & Directions
- Practice Commenced: 2013
- Total Mediations (as of May 2022): 120
Mr. Kennedy has been admitted to practice law in Missouri and Illinois since 1993.
Mr. Kennedy has represented both employers and employees in employment discrimination cases. For fourteen (14) years he worked as a Senior Trial Attorney for the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
As an EEOC attorney, Mr. Kennedy litigated employment discrimination lawsuits in federal courts throughout the Midwest. Since 2013, Mr. Kennedy has litigated in both state and federal courts on behalf of employees who were discriminated against by employers or prospective employers.
In addition to being an experienced trial attorney, Mr. Kennedy is also an experienced mediator. Mediation allows the parties to take control of the resolution of their dispute, rather than place the decision in the hands of the Judge or jury.
As an experienced mediator, Mr. Kennedy is available to help you take control of resolving your legal disputes. He has successfully mediated lawsuits filed in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri, Missouri Circuit Courts and hundreds charges of discrimination filed with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- ADA Disability
- Civil Rights
- Contract Disputes
- Debt Collections
- Lemon Law
- Sexual Harassment
- B.S., Truman State University, 1981
- Master of Public Affairs, University of Missouri – Columbia, 1983 (with honors)
- J.D., St. Louis University, 1993 (Cum Laude)
- Washington University School of Law, Civil Mediation Training, 2004
- Association of Attorney Mediators – St. Louis Chapter mediation (monthly training)
- ADR Court-Certified Neutrals Seminars: January 2014, 2016 & 2018
- Association of Attorney Mediators Training – Mastering the Art of Mediation Advocacy, October 2014
Memberships & Affiliations
- United States Arbitration & Mediation Assoc. of Attorney-Mediators (St. Louis Chapter)
- Community Mediation Services of St. Louis
Please contact USA&M for details