Academy MemberMap & Directions
- Practice Commenced: 1999
- Total Mediations (as of Jan 2021): 850
- Total Arbitrations (as of Jan 2021): 110
Katy Miller earned her reputation as a first-rate employment attorney, tough litigator and savvy negotiator over a 25-year career that included successfully pursuing class actions in age and gender discrimination cases.
Having spent decades in the courtroom, Katy founded Littleton Alternative Dispute Resolution, Inc., in 1997 to help people avoid expensive, divisive litigation. She has witnessed first-hand the toll litigation takes on individuals and organizations and now works exclusively as an independent neutral in various capacities - mediator, arbitrator, independent investigator, labor cases and Consent Decree Monitor.
The bulk of Katy's practice is by referral. Over 90 percent of the hundreds of mediations she has conducted resolved at mediation. She currently sits on the arbitration panel for employment cases of the American Arbitration Association. She has mediated cases for the Office of Dispute Resolution for the State of Colorado, and the EEOC, including many class action cases. She volunteers to mediate cases for the Probate Court of the City and County of Denver. In addition, she serves as a monitor under class action consent decrees/settlement agreements for the federal government.
In the employment field, Katy handles cases related to sexual harassment; sex, race and age discrimination; wrongful termination; teacher dismissal, ADA, and FLSA. In all of these areas, she has experience mediating class actions and other large or complicated cases. She also has experience mediating class actions in the toxic tort arena.
Katy is a founding member of The Elder Mediation Alliance, and mediates family disputes involving the myriad issues related to the aging population.
- ADA Disability
- Civil Rights
- Class Actions
- Community Associations
- Contract Disputes
- Cross Cultural
- Elder Abuse
- Family Businesses
- Health Care
- Non-profit Organizations
- Nursing Homes
- Personal Injury
- Professional Fees
- Public Policy
- Sexual Harassment
- Trusts / Estates
- Wage & Hour/FMLA
- University of Denver College of Law, Denver, Colorado J.D. - 1980
- Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire A.B. ( Magna Cum Laude) - 1977
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Arbitration Association, Employment and Labor Arbitrator Panels
- Colorado Bar Association, Chair, Labor Law Forum Committee, 1993 - 1995
- Colorado Women's Bar Association, Member
- Arapahoe County Bar Association, Member
- Mediation Association of Colorado, Professional Member
- Faculty of Federal Advocates
- Littleton Alternative Dispute Resolution (LADR), Co-Founder
- The Elder Mediation Alliance
- Center for Women's Employment & Education, Inc., 1982 - 1990
- Center for Women's Employment & Education, Inc., 1995, 2003
- Sensory Processing Disorder Foundation, 1980 - Present
MEDIATION: $375/hour; Paralegal support: $110/hour; $375/hour for all travel time; one-half day charged for every day for which a hearing has been set if the hearing is cancelled or postponed fourteen(14) calendar days or less prior to scheduled hearing. ARBITRATION: $375/hour; Paralegal support: $110/hour; $375/hour for all travel time; one-half day charged for every day for which a hearing has been set if the hearing is cancelled or postponed fourteen (14) calendar days or less prior to scheduled hearing.