Academy Member Inducted 2020Map & Directions
- Practice Commenced192
- # of MEDS (as of 29/11/23)
- # of ARBS (as of 29/11/23)
Online / In-Person
Broad based civil practice experience, including employer/employee matters, business entities such as disputes involving owners or clients, and contract matters. Extensive experience handling employment and regulatory matters such as EEOC, TWC, and DOL claims of noncompliance with and/or violation of Title VII, Texas Labor Code, Texas Workers Compensation Code Section 451, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA and ADAAA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). Frequent representation on matters involving reviewing, drafting and advising on contracts, such as employment agreements, noncompete and nonsolicitation agreements, and confidentiality agreements. Successful attorney through U.S. Supreme Court level twice: once in a real estate lending related case, and once in an employment related case.
Attorney, AV Preeminent rated by Martindale Hubbell for 25+ years, helping people navigate through the complex legal system. TMCA Credentialed Distinguished Mediator, helping parties in over 1,700 mediations and 200 arbitration proceedings, since 1992.
Adjunct Professor Texas A & M University School of Law teaching ADR (Arbitration, mediation, negotiation) since 2016, JD and MJUR programs. Also adjunct professor ADR at SMU masters in dispute resolution program.
DART Trial Board hearing officer. TEA Hearing Examiner.
Life Member of Texas Commission on Uniform State Laws. Member of the NADN, College of Commercial Arbitrators, and Association of Attorney Mediators. Member of ALI, Member of State Bar of Texas, L & E, REPTL, and ADR sections, Life Fellow. Dallas Bar Association, Chair of the Dallas Bar Association ADR Section, Co-chair of the Bench Bar Committee, Life Fellow.
- Banking & Finance
- Business Dissolution
- Contract Disputes
- Family Businesses
- Legal Malpractice
- Mortgage Foreclosure
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Professional Fees
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
- Real Estate
- Sexual Harassment
- Shareholder Disputes
- Trusts / Estates
- Unfair Competition
- Wage & Hour/FMLA
- Wrongful Death
- University of Texas (J.D.)
- Texas Tech University (B.A. Spanish/English) magna cum laude and graduated in 3 years
Memberships & Affiliations
- Mac Taylor Inn of Court - Elected to serve as a Bencher/Master of the Inn. Leadership council/program co-chair.
- Uniform Law Commission – Serving Texas Commissioner -- Life Member, drafting legislation to promote uniformity among the states.
- Association of Attorney Mediators
- College of Commercial Arbitrators, Fellow
- Dallas Bar Association, chair of ADR Section, Co-chair Bench-Bar Conference. Life Fellow
- Texas Bar Association - section member Labor & Employment, Real Estate-Probate-Trust & ADR Sections. Life Fellow.
- American Law Institute - nominated by two federal judges, elected and invited to membership in this national organization that writes the Restatements of Law, which create common law in this and other states.
Call for rate information.