- Practice Commenced: 21
- Total Mediations (as of Jun 2022): 200
- Total Arbitrations (as of Jun 2022): 100
Karen Pozza is a Retired Senior District Court Judge. Judge Pozza presided over the 407th District Court in San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas for 20 years, from her election in 2000 until her judicial retirement in 2020.
In her 20 years on the bench Judge Pozza handled thousands of civil cases including personal injury, premises liability, wrongful death, real estate, property disputes, construction cases, business litigation, and family law issues of all kinds. Prior to her judicial service, Judge Pozza was an accomplished litigator with a decade of experience handling a variety of complex civil litigation.
Judge Pozza is now an independent mediator and arbitrator. She is a panel member with the American Arbitration Association. Since her retirement from the bench, Judge Pozza has mediated or arbitrated over 200 cases.
- Contract Disputes
- Divorce (High Asset)
- Legal Malpractice
- Libel & Slander
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Fees
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
- Real Estate
- Wrongful Death
- J.D. - St. Mary's University School of Law, 1991
- BBA, Finance & Economics, Baylor University, 1986
Memberships & Affiliations
- President, San Antonio Bar Association, 2003
- Co-Founder, Community Justice Program, 2002 Thousands of cases have been handled through this program and over $1,000,000 worth of legal services have been donated by volunteer lawyers.
- President, Community Justice Foundation, 2002
- President, William S. Sessions American Inn of Court, 2018
- President, St. Mary’s University Law Alumni Association, 2016
- Chair of the Board, Bexar County Dispute Resolution Center, 2005
- President, St. Mary’s University Hispanic Law Alumni Association, 2017
Please contact me for rate information.