- Practice Commenced: 2000
- Total Mediations (as of Jan 2023): 200
- Total Arbitrations (as of Jan 2023): 40
Jimmy Walter has been recognized in Best Lawyers in America in the specialties of arbitration, mediation, commercial litigation, banking and finance litigation, insurance litigation and securities litigation. He is also listed in Alabama Super Lawyers in the specialties of alternative dispute resolution, business litigation and civil litigation. Best Lawyers recognized Jimmy as Montgomery "Lawyer of the Year" in Arbitration (2021) and Mediation (2022).
Jimmy has more than 40 years of experience in all types of civil litigation in state and federal courts. He has extensive experience in business and commercial litigation, including accounting, antitrust, banking, civil rights, class actions, contracts, construction, estates, financial services, fraud, insurance and real estate litigation.
Jimmy served as Chair of the Alabama Supreme Court Commission on Dispute Resolution and is a certified arbitrator and mediator registered with the Alabama Center for Dispute Resolution. He has been a member of the American Arbitration Association’s Roster of Neutrals since 2014 and has served as arbitrator in numerous commercial and consumer arbitrations.
- Contract Disputes
- Health Care
- Medical Malpractice
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
- Property Damage
- Wrongful Death
- J.D., summa cum laude, The University of Alabama School of Law, 1981
- B.S., cum laude, Washington and Lee University, 1978
- Basic Mediator Training, 2000
- Foreclosure Mediator Training, 2014
- Appellate Mediator Training, 2015
Memberships & Affiliations
- Alabama State Bar
- Alabama Academy of Attorney Mediators
- Alabama Supreme Court Commission on Dispute Resolution
- Alabama Super Lawyers, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Business Litigation and Civil Litigation
- American Arbitration Association: Commercial, Consumer and Large, Complex Case Panels
- Best Lawyers in America, Arbitration, Mediation, Commercial Litigation, Banking and Finance Litigation, Insurance Litigation and Securities Litigation
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Alabama
Please call for details.