A significant amount of my practice involves acting as a mediator under the CR 39.1 ADR program in cases pending in the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington, as well as providing mediation and arbitration services in cases pending in Washington, Utah, Oregon and other forums. I have successfully mediated many complex, multiparty disputes. I have mediated cases of all sizes, including many multi-million dollar disputes.
I have taken the American Arbitration Association Commercial Arbitration, Securities Arbitrator training, and various other courses. I also have been an instructor for the American Arbitration Association, lectured at the ABA Dispute Resolution Conference and given numerous mediation and arbitration seminars. I have been involved as an arbitrator on numerous occasions, including cases on behalf of the American Arbitration Association. I am a member of the American Arbitration Association Large Complex Case Panel.
- Contract Disputes
- Intellectual Property
- Personal Injury
- Professional Liability
- Shareholder Disputes
- B.A., University of Notre Dame (1970);
- J.D., Cornell University (1973).
Memberships & Affiliations
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers;
- Fellow, American Board of Trial Advocates;
- Member, International Society of Barristers;
- Lawyer Representative for the Western District of Washington to the Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference (1995-98);
- Co-chair and Chair, Federal Bar Association Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee (1995-2001);
- Panel of Arbitrators, American Arbitration Association (1986);
- Panel of Mediators, United States District Court for the Western District of Washington CR 39.1 Program (1981);
- Chairperson, Federal Bar Association ADR Task Force (1995);
- Vice President, Federal Bar Association (2001-02);
- President, Federal Bar Association (2002);
- Member and Chairperson, Civil Justice Reform Act Advisory Committee, United States District Court Western District of Washington (1999);
- Member, Washington State Bar Association (Trustee Trial Practice Section (1983-86), Member, ADR Section);
- Member, King County Bar Association (ADR Section);
- Member, ADR Roundtable.
Mediation: $550 per hour divided between the parties for mediations with two parties. $200 per hour per party for mediations with three or more parties. Arbitration: $550 per hour, $5,500/day for arbitration hearings. Cancellation fee: one-half of reserved arbitration hearing time if settled within 15 calendar days of hearing date.