Academy MemberMap & Directions
More than 35 years experience as an arbitrator and more than 15 years experience as a mediator. The majority of cases have involved design and/or construction or employment disputes. Other cases have covered a broad range from technology and biotech disputes to real property, franchising, intellectual property, advertising, international trading, and vegetable seed breeding. Arbitrations have included cases with Croatian, English, Finnish, Japanese, Korean and Taiwanese firms. Mediations have included French and Philippine interests.
- Arts (Fine/Performing)
- Banking & Finance
- Civil Rights
- Class Actions
- Contract Disputes
- Cross Cultural
- Debt Collections
- Entertainment Sector
- Family Businesses
- Health Care
- Intellectual Property
- Land Use/Planning
- Local Govt./Municipalities
- Media & Communications
- Non-profit Organizations
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability
- Professional Fees
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Real Estate
- Title Disputes
- Trusts / Estates
- Stanford University (B.S. Civil Engineering 1953; L.L.B. 1959)
American Arbitration Association Construction Industry Arbitrator II Training, San Francisco (2001); California First District Court of Appeal Mediator Training, San Francisco (2000); AAA International Arbitrator Training, San Francisco (2000), Los Angeles (1992); AAA Mediator Retreat, Denver (2000); AAA Large Complex Case Panel Retreat and Panel Chair Workshop, Arizona (1999); AAA Advanced Employment Mediation, Oakland (1997); AAA Construction Mediator Training, San Francisco (1997); AAA Construction Industry Arbitrator Training, Palo Alto (1997).
Memberships & Affiliations
State Bar of California (admitted 1960); Bar of the U.S. District Court, Northern (admitted 1960), Central (admitted 1970), Eastern (admitted 1981), and Southern (admitted 1988) Districts of California. Bar of the U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit (admitted 1960). Bar of the U.S. Supreme Court (admitted 1973).
- Bar Association of San Francisco (ExCom ADR Section and former Chair, Arbitration Committee);
- San Mateo County Bar Association (ExCom ADR Section);
- American Bar Association (Dispute Resolution Section and Forum on the Construction Industry);
- American Society of Civil Engineers;
- California Dispute Resolution Council (past President);
- Northern California Human Resources Association;
- Associated General Contractors of California (former chair, Legal Advisory Committee);
- The Mediation Society (Member, Board of Directors);
- College of Commercial Arbitrators;
- Dispute Review Board Foundation.
Please call for details.