- Practice Commenced: 1994
- Total Mediations (as of Feb 2020): 3000
- Total Arbitrations (as of Feb 2020): 400
Mr. Marcil joined the firm in 1969 after serving one year as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of North Dakota. He has been a trial lawyer since that time. Mr. Marcil is a past president of the Cass County Bar Association and the State Bar Association of North Dakota. He has been certified as a trial advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy since 1980. Mr. Marcil is qualified as a neutral arbitrator and mediator in both North Dakota and Minnesota and is certified as a Civil Trial Specialist by the Minnesota State Bar Association. He has spoken at many seminars on the subjects of arbitration and mediation. Mr. Marcil's areas of practice are litigation dealing with personal injury, wrongful death claims, medical malpractice defense, school board matters, and construction and commercial disputes. Mr. Marcil has conducted over 3000 mediations covering a wide range of tort and contract disputes. He has also arbitrated over 400 disputes.
- Energy Sector (Oil/Gas)
- Health Care
- Legal Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
- Sexual Harassment
- Wrongful Death
- Law School: University of North Dakota, J.D., 1968.
- College: University of North Dakota, B.S.B.A., 1963.
Memberships & Affiliations
- North Dakota and Minnesota State Bars U.S. District Court, North Dakota and Minnesota
- International Mediation Institute (2009-present)
- American College of Civil Trial Mediators (2007-present)
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers (1987-present)
- International Society of Barristers (1984-present)
- American Board of Trial Advocates (1991-present)
Call for details.