Academy MemberMap & Directions
Regularly travels out of state to: FloridaOther ADR Services: Facilitation & Systems Design, Insurance Umpire, Med-Arb, Special Master
- Practice Commenced: 1997
- Total Mediations (as of Jul 2019): 1000
- Total Arbitrations (as of Jul 2019): 100
Mr. Hughes has successfully served as lead trial counsel in numerous cases, including nationwide class actions and mass litigation. He has been lead counsel in arbitrations as well as numerous proceedings before state and federal agencies. The National Law Journal has recognized him as "Among the Nation's Best Litigators in Employment [Law]."
Mr. Hughes has successfully served as the mediator in many class actions, including the Publix, Home Depot, and The Coca-Cola Company class actions, as well as the Burlington Northern genetic testing litigation. He also served as the mediator in the recent class and collective actions involving Boeing Aircraft Company, Abercrombie & Fitch, Xerox Corporation, and Cracker Barrel.
He also has been a speaker throughout the country at scores of seminars on numerous topics, including trial practice, alternate dispute resolution, settlement strategies, damages, and a wide range of substantive matters. Mr. Hughes has handled litigation throughout the nation and is admitted to practice in the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Georgia, the Fifth, Sixth, Eighth, Ninth, and Eleventh Circuit Courts of Appeal and the United States Supreme Court. Since 2000, Hunter has mediated or arbitrated in excess of 1000 cases.
- ADA Disability
- Civil Rights
- Contract Disputes
- Intellectual Property
- Libel & Slander
- Professional Negligence
- Wage & Hour/FMLA
- University of Virginia (J.D., with honors, 1970)
- University of Virginia (B.A., 1965)
Memberships & Affiliations
- Fellow, The College of Labor and Employment Lawyers
- Fellow in the American College of Civil Trial Mediators
- Who's Who in America
- Who's Who Legal
- Georgia Arbitrators Forum
- American Arbitration Association Commercial Panel
- Woodward/White's "Best Lawyers in America"
- Chambers USA "America's Leading Lawyers for Business"
- Atlanta Magazine's Top 10 "Georgia Super Lawyers"
- Georgia Trend "Legal Elite"
Please call for details - 770.809.6818