Academy Member Inducted 2018Map & Directions
Mr.Nicholson's legal career spans more than 35 years in the Tampa Bay area legal community, and includes the following:
- 35+ years experience in insurance defense in single, small and large practices.
- Florida Certified Civil Mediator
- Extensive jury trial experience in personal injury, wrongful death, employment and property insurance claims on behalf of defendants and plaintiffs in State and Federal Courts.
- Numerous appeals before the District Courts of Florida, the Supreme Court of Florida and the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- Former Legal Writing Instructor at the University of Florida School of Law
- Long time Tampa resident; product of Hillsborough County Schools.
- Volunteer in various religious political and social organizations
- Contract Disputes
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
- Wrongful Death
- University of Florida, BSJ (with honors), 1974
- University of Florida, J.D. (with honors), 1977
Memberships & Affiliations
- Florida Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
ZOOM MEDIATION FLAT FEES (no add-ons or extra fees):
Two (2) parties: $ 1,200, with a three (3) hour minimum. Three (3) parties: $ 1,300 with a three (3) hour minimum. Four (4) parties: $ 1,400 with a three (3) hour minimum Please contact us for rate quotes for more than 5 parties, or Mediations requiring more than 3 hours, and in-person Mediations.
$450 per hour, with a 3-hour minimum, equally divided between the parties.
For more than 4 parties, or for a full day Arbitration, please contact us for rates.
Travel time, preparation, any expenses, if applicable, will be billed separately and split equally between the parties. An admin fee of $50 per side may be added to any Arbitration.
MEDIATION/ARBITRATION CANCELLATION POLICY
We reserve the right to charge a 3-hour cancellation fee for any Mediation or Arbitration that is canceled less than 3 business days prior to the date of the scheduled matter.