Academy Member Inducted 2018Map & Directions
5401 West Kennedy Blvd, Suite 100
Tampa, FL 33609
Mr.Nicholson's legal career spans more than 35 years in the Tampa Bay area legal community, and includes the following:
- 35+ years experience in insurance defense in single, small and large practices.
- Florida Certified Civil Mediator
- Extensive jury trial experience in personal injury, wrongful death, employment and property insurance claims on behalf of defendants and plaintiffs in State and Federal Courts.
- Numerous appeals before the District Courts of Florida, the Supreme Court of Florida and the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- Former Legal Writing Instructor at the University of Florida School of Law
- Long time Tampa resident; product of Hillsborough County Schools.
- Volunteer in various religious political and social organizations
- Contract Disputes
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
- Wrongful Death
- University of Florida, BSJ (with honors), 1974
- University of Florida, J.D. (with honors), 1977
Memberships & Affiliations
- Florida Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
Local Rates - Tampa3/5hr Min.2 Party Case: $225 per party; per hour3 Party Case: $175 per party; per hour4 Party Case: $145 per party; per hour5+ Party Case: Flat Rate Available Upon Request
Travel time and expenses, including meals and lodging, billed separately and split equally among the parties
Pre/Post Consultation & Document Review: Hourly Mediation/Arbitration Rate
Mediation /Arbitration Admin FeesTampa Mediation Admin Fee - $100 per partyArbitration Commencement And Administration Fee: $1500 per party
MEDIATION CANCELLATION POLICY
Miles Mediation and Arbitration will charge each of the parties scheduled for a mediation that cancels within ten days a cancellation fee of $500. However, mediations cancelled, rescheduled, or settled within a 24 hr. period will be charged the minimum number of hours of the scheduled neutral’s per party hourly rate to be billed directly to each party. Before cancelling, a different billing arrangement may be made by contacting email@example.com.
ARBITRATION FEE PAYMENT POLICY
Arbitration Commencement and Administrative Fee $1500.00 per party, per arbitrator At the commencement of an arbitration each party will be invoiced a $1500.00 per party Arbitration Commencement and Administrative Fee. This fee is refundable minus $500.00 per party until the initial case management order has been issued. All arbitration related invoices are due upon receipt.
ARBITRATION CANCELLATION POLICY
If an Arbitration Hearing(s) scheduled on the merits of the case cancels or reschedules within 14 days of the hearing, the parties will be charged 4 hours of the Arbitrator’s hourly rate for each day reserved for the hearing. However, if the hearing cancels or reschedules within 2 days of the hearing, the parties will be charged 8 hours of the Arbitrator’s hourly rate for each day reserved for the hearing.