Academy Member Inducted 2022Map & Directions
Online / In-Person
Donna Greenspan Solomon, Esq., handles appeals (state and federal), mediation, and arbitration.
Donna is one of only three attorneys certified by The Florida Bar as both Appellate Expert and Business Litigation Specialist. Donna is a Chair-Approved Member of the AAA’s Roster of Arbitrators (Commercial Panel), a FINRA Chair-Approved Arbitrator, and Florida Supreme Court Qualified Arbitrator. She is also a Certified Circuit, Appellate, and Family Mediator. She is a former CPA with an MBA in finance.
Donna serves on The Florida Supreme Court Committee on Standard Jury Instructions (Contract and Business Cases). She is a former Chair of The Florida Bar's Business Litigation Certification Committee. Donna is a member of the Palm Beach County Bar Association’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee, and publishes periodic Arbitration Case Law Updates on the ADR Corner of the Association’s Bulletin. Donna is a frequent speaker on appellate and ADR issues.
After graduating No. 1 from law school, Donna clerked at the Fourth District Court of Appeal for the Hon. Barbara J. Pariente, Justice (ret). Following her clerkship, Donna was with a national law firm for twelve years. Donna opened her own firm, Solomon Appeals, Mediation & Arbitration, in 2011.
Before becoming a lawyer, Donna was a CPA with an MBA in finance. After working for Price Waterhouse in New York City, she became a Manager of Accounting and Financial Reporting for Penn Central Corporation. After moving to Florida, Donna became an Assistant Vice President/Manager of Financial Reporting for Intercontinental Bank in Miami, and then performed financial systems analysis for American Express before entering law school.
- Banking & Finance
- Business Dissolution
- Community Associations
- Contract Disputes
- Divorce (High Asset)
- Family Businesses
- Intellectual Property
- Legal Malpractice
- Libel & Slander
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Fees
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
- Real Estate
- Shareholder Disputes
- Title Disputes
- Trusts / Estates
- Unfair Competition
Juris Doctor, Summa cum laude
1992 - 1995 Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, Juris Doctor.
Class Rank: No. 1 (out of 250).
Highest Grade Awards: Evidence; Legal Research & Writing; Securities Regulation; Corporate Finance; Corporate Tax; Corporate Workshop; Professional Responsibility; Criminal Procedure; Criminal Law.
Nova Law Review, Associate Editor.
Master of Business Administration in Finance, With Distinction
1982 - 1985 Lubin Graduate School of Business at Pace University, White Plains, NY
Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Magna cum laude
1975 - 1979 State University of New York, Binghamton, NY
Memberships & Affiliations
- The Florida Supreme Court Committee on Standard Jury Instructions (Contract and Business Cases) (2016-present)
- The Florida Bar:
- Business Litigation Certification Committee (2013-2019)
- Chair (2017-2018); Vice-Chair (2016-2017)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Section (2011-present)
- Appellate Practice and Advocacy Section (1997-present)
- Business Law Section (2013-present)
- Volunteer Arbitrator for Grievance Mediation and Fee Arbitration Program (2012-present)
- Palm Beach County Bar Association:
- Appellate Practice Committee (1997-present)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee (2012-present)
- Solo and Small Firm Practitioner’s Committee (2012-present)
- South Palm Beach County Bar Association (2013-15)
- Nova Southeastern Law Alumni Association (1995-present)
- Palm Beach Chapter President (2012-14)
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers (FAWL) (1997-present)
- Palm Beach Chapter President (2001), Vice President (2000), Treasurer (1999)
- American Inns of Court (Emeritus, 2012-present; Co-Membership Chair, 2000-2001; Small Group Leader 1999-2000).
Please call for details.