Academy MemberMap & Directions
- Practice Commenced: 1989
- Total Mediations (as of Jul 2020): 2500
- Total Arbitrations (as of Jul 2020): 150
Dan Gulden has mediated well over 2,000 cases since 1990 for private parties, the American Arbitration Assn. (AAA), Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Ga. court systems, federal government agencies, and private organizations and currently serves as a full-time neutral.
He regularly speaks to Dispute Resolution classes at area law schools, serves on panels at CLE programs, is a role play coach in mediation trainings and a judge in mock mediation competitions for mediators and advocates.
Dan's comments concerning Mediation were noted in the book titled "Expert Mediators", by Poitras and Raines (2013, Jason Aronson Pub).
- ADA Disability
- Banking & Finance
- Community Associations
- Contract Disputes
- Debt Collections
- Divorce (High Asset)
- Family Businesses
- Libel & Slander
- Personal Injury
- Professional Fees
- Property Damage
- Real Estate
- Religious Institutions
- Sexual Harassment
- Trusts / Estates
- Dartmouth College (AB-1966)
- Emory University (JD-1969)
- Georgetown University (LL.M-1973)
- Ongoing training with American Arbitration Assn. (AAA), including the following:
- AAA Dealing With Delay Tactics in Arbitration (ACE004), 2006;
- The Justice Center of Atlanta, Probate Mediation, 2005, 1992;
- Attended AAA Neutrals Conference, 2004;
- AAA Arbitration Awards: Safeguarding, Deciding & Writing Awards (ACE001), 2004;
- AAA Arbitrator Update, 2002;
- AAA Commercial Arbitrator II Training: Advanced Case Management Issues, 2001;
- Attended AAA Mediator Conference Workshop, 2000;
- AAA/USATF Doping Grievance Arbitrator Training, 2000;
- AAA Commercial Arbitrator Training, 1999;
- Third Judicial Administrative District in Georgia, The Mediation of Business Disputes, 1997;
- FINRA Role of the Chairperson Managing Large and Complex Cases;
- AAA Arbitration of a Complex Commercial Case;
- Justice Center of Atlanta, General Civil Mediation, 1990.
Memberships & Affiliations
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
- State Bar of Georgia ( Dispute Resolution & Family Law Sections )
- Atlanta Bar Association - Dispute Resolution Section (Board & Past Chair), Labor and Employment, Family Law, Litigation, and Estate & Probate Sections.
- Sandy Springs Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Dispute Resolution Section, judge in law school mock mediation competition);
- Association for Conflict Resolution (Advanced Practitioner Member), Commercial, Workplace, Family Sections.
$150 per hour per party in a 2-party case (total $300/hr. $130 per hour per party in a 3-party case (total $390 per hour).