Academy MemberMap & Directions
Recognized to Wisconsin Chapter for Mediation Other ADR Services: ADR Training/CME, Discovery Referee, Early Neutral Evaluation, Fact Finding, Med-Arb, Mini-Trial Judge, Special Master
- Practice Commenced: 2013
- Total Mediations (as of Feb 2020): 210
- Total Arbitrations (as of Feb 2020): 12
Named Best Arbitrator in the Wisconsin Law Journal's 2019 Reader Ranking poll.
I pride myself on thorough preparation, careful listening and a calm, energetic and persistent approach to achieve consensus.
Served 21 years as Circuit Court Judge in Wisconsin. Presided in hundreds of jury trials. Ruled on thousands cases including products liability, medical/legal malpractice, real estate, securities, family conflict, business breakups, contract breaches, employment, collection, insurance coverage, environmental regulation, accident and injury liability.
Member of the faculty of the prestigious National Judicial College 2004-2014. Instructed judges from all 50 states on courtroom practices and Rules of Evidence. Kahn taught judges, attorneys and law students in Wisconsin on courtroom technology, and evidence and for the Wisconsin Judicial College, State Bar of Wisconsin, Milwaukee Bar Association and (as guest lecturer) Marquette School of Law.
Served 15 years on CCAP Steering Committee - for the automation of the Wisconsin State Court data. Kahn promoted the display of court case data on the Internet and the free access to this data by all.
Before serving as a judge, Charles was senior partner at Kahn and Flynn, SC and predecessor law firms for 15 years. Focused on business, technology, securities and real estate litigation. Earlier, worked three years as a trial lawyer for the Legal Aid Society of Milwaukee.
- Banking & Finance
- Business Dissolution
- Class Actions
- Consumer Fraud
- Contract Disputes
- Debt Collections
- Divorce (High Asset)
- Family Businesses
- Legal Malpractice
- Lemon Law
- Libel & Slander
- Local Govt./Municipalities
- Medical Malpractice
- Mortgage Foreclosure
- Nursing Homes
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Fees
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
- Real Estate
- Shareholder Disputes
- Trusts / Estates
- Wrongful Death
- BA George Washington University, 1972
- JD University of Wisconsin School of Law, 1974
- Chuck Kahn was trained as mediator by the Strauss Institute for Dispute Resolution at Pepperdine University School of Law, the National Judicial College, Wisconsin Judicial Education programs and the Mediation Training & Consultation Institute of Ann Arbor, MI.
- Additional details are at ANeutralView.com
Memberships & Affiliations
- Board member, Dispute Resolution Section, State Bar of Wisconsin 2015 - 2017.
- American Bar Association Section on Dispute Resolution
- Wisconsin Association of Mediators
- Association for Conflict Resolution
$350 per hour for most services, usually split equally among all parties.