Academy Member Inducted 2016Map & Directions
- Practice Commenced: 2002
- Total Mediations (as of Feb 2023): 1920
- Total Arbitrations (as of Feb 2023): 20
Following undergraduate school, Mr. McDonald was employed with Pennzoil in various capacities in its Accounting Department, special projects Planning and Evaluation Department, and the Land and Lease Department. He owned a bar and restaurant all before entering law school.
Bruce began his legal career working for an insurance defense firm. A few years later he opened his own firm where, for over 20 years, he has been able to continue handling a wide variety of insurance defense matters, as well as representing individuals on plaintiff personal injury and insurance related matters.
That blend of work experience lends itself to a balanced real world approach to resolving many cases through mediation or arbitration, which in recent years has become a focus of Bruce's practice, helping parties settle a wide variety of civil disputes.
- Consumer Fraud
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Homes
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
- Wrongful Death
- J.D., South Texas College of Law, 1989
- South Texas Law Review, 1988-1989
- American Jurisprudence Award, Constitutional Law
- South Texas Law Review, Robert Duval Award for Case Comment
- B.B.A., Accounting, Texas Tech University, 1979
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of New Mexico
- State Bar of Texas
- Albuquerque Bar Association â€“ Tort and Insurance Practice Section
- Automobile Law Committee
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America
Mr. McDonald’s hourly rate is $375, plus gross receipts tax.
Please note that all mediations booked for the full day session are subject to a six (6) hour minimum charge. Please be sure that your matter requires Mr. McDonald’s services for a full day prior to your booking. Thank you very much.