Academy Member Inducted 2016Map & Directions
- Practice Commenced2002
- # of MEDS (as of 7/12/23)1920
- # of ARBS (as of 7/12/23)20
Online / In-Person
Following undergraduate school, Mr. McDonald was employed with Pennzoil in various capacities in its Accounting Department, special projects Planning and Evaluation Department, and the Land and Lease Department. He owned a bar and restaurant all before entering law school.
Bruce began his legal career working for an insurance defense firm. A few years later he opened his own firm where, for over 20 years, he has been able to continue handling a wide variety of insurance defense matters, as well as representing individuals on plaintiff personal injury and insurance related matters.
That blend of work experience lends itself to a balanced real world approach to resolving many cases through mediation or arbitration, which in recent years has become a focus of Bruce's practice, helping parties settle a wide variety of civil disputes.
- Consumer Fraud
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Homes
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
- Wrongful Death
- J.D., South Texas College of Law, 1989
- South Texas Law Review, 1988-1989
- American Jurisprudence Award, Constitutional Law
- South Texas Law Review, Robert Duval Award for Case Comment
- B.B.A., Accounting, Texas Tech University, 1979
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of New Mexico
- State Bar of Texas
- Albuquerque Bar Association â€“ Tort and Insurance Practice Section
- Automobile Law Committee
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America
Mr. McDonald’s hourly rate is $390, plus New Mexico gross receipts tax.
Please note that all mediations booked for the full day session are subject to a six (6) hour minimum charge. Please be sure that your matter requires Mr. McDonald’s services for a full day prior to your booking. Thank you very much.