Academy Member Inducted 2019Map & Directions
- Practice Commenced: 2013
- Total Mediations (as of Sep 2022): 500
- Total Arbitrations (as of Sep 2022): 10
Art Garcia is passionate about mediation and alternative dispute resolution. This passion was evident from the beginning; while in law school, he received the book award for negotiation and dispute resolution. He graduated from the University of Florida Levin College of Law in 1991, but, before the law, he served his country and was honorably discharged with the rank of sergeant in the U.S. Marine Corps.
He also became a licensed emergency medical technician (EMT), first in North Carolina and then in Florida. Art served as an EMT at University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Medical Center’s trauma and emergency units while completing his undergraduate education at Florida International University, School of Nursing, graduating in 1987 as valedictorian with high honors and earning his B.S.N. He remained at Jackson, changing roles from EMT to RN, working in the critical care, pediatric intensive care, transplant, trauma and burn units.
After working with several well-known civil trial firms, he founded the Law Offices of Arthur Garcia, Jr., P.A., in 1995, concentrating on personal injury litigation, and was an active trial lawyer for 25 years. He belongs to numerous voluntary bar organizations and served on the board of directors and as executive secretary, treasurer and president of the Miami Dade Trial Lawyers Association. In fact, MDTLA has named its public service award after Art. He has been a frequent lecturer on the topics of legal nurse consulting, medical documentation and fraud, medical and demonstrative evidence and ethics.
After 25 years on the battlefields of litigation, trauma and the Marine Corps, Art has chosen the path of peacemaker. No one knows better the cost of war and the value of peace than a warrior. Art has been a warrior.
- ADA Disability
- Elder Abuse
- Health Care
- Medical Devices
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Homes
- Personal Injury
- Trusts / Estates
- Wrongful Death
- J.D. University of Florida Levin College of Law, 1991, with honors
- B.S. Florida International University, 1987, nursing, with high honors
- R.N. Florida
- EMT North Carolina
- EMT Florida
Memberships & Affiliations
- Florida Academy of Professional Mediators
- Dade County Bar Association (since 1992)
- American Bar Association (past), Minority Involvement Committee Member (1991-1992)
- Miami Dade Trial Lawyers Association (since 1992), Chairperson – Service & Community Projects, president (2009)
- Florida Justice Association (since 1992)
Please call office for details.