Academy MemberMap & Directions
Jeffrey (Jeff) Mackie was born in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. He attended Wake Forest University where he graduated in 1969. He received his law degree from the University of North Carolina School of Law in 1972 and began the practice of law in Hickory, North Carolina with Forest A. Ferrell. In 1975, Jeff joined Sigmon, Clark.
In 1994, Jeff was certified by the North Carolina Dispute Resolution Commission as a mediator. Since that time, he has devoted a significant percentage of his practice to ADR, and has mediated and arbitrated well over 2000 cases. Because of his background representing plaintiffs and defendants in insurance matters, he is often asked to arbitrate UIM/UM disputes.
Jeff also has 40 years experience as a trial lawyer in commercial, personal injury and workers compensation cases.
- Contract Disputes
- Eminent Domain
- Libel & Slander
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Homes
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability
- Professional Negligence
- Workers' Compensation
- Wrongful Death
- Wake Forest University, B.A., 1969
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Law School, J.D., 1972
Memberships & Affiliations
- Catawba County Bar Association - Member
- 25th Judicial Bar Association - President
- North Carolina State Bar Association - Member
- North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers - Member
- North Carolina Bar Association - Centennial Sustaining Member
$250.00 per hour administrative fee; $250.00 per hour