- Practice Commenced: 1990
- Total Mediations (as of Oct 2022): 5000
- Total Arbitrations (as of Oct 2022): 50
Between college and law school, I served as a B-52 navigator in the Strategic Air Command of the United States Air Force and attained the rank of Captain. I am a Vietnam veteran.
As a Certified Circuit Court Mediator, I have mediated thousands of cases. Those cases include disputes arising from real estate purchases and sales, personal injuries and wrongful deaths, business dissolutions, construction defects, boundary line matters, security and brokerage disputes, will and trust contests, domestic relations, defamation, civil theft, homeowners associations disputes, medical and legal malpractice actions, loss of staff privileges, nursing home disputes, eminent domain actions, disability insurance claims, NASD proceedings, mobile home park disputes, wrongful discharge claims, notes, mortgages, business purchases and sales, and insurance claims.
The remainder of my practice consists of representing institutional and private lenders, general business counseling of private clients, business entity formation and maintenance and general civil litigation. Over the years, I have represented dozens of local, regional, and national commercial lenders in complex financial transactions and private individuals in their business entity formations and maintenance.
I am admitted to practice in all courts in the State of Florida as well as the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida and the Supreme Court of the United States of America.
As a community leader, I have had the privilege to lead several non-profit human services organizations. In those capacities, I have managed both volunteers and staff members and served as a liaison among non-profit organizations and local and state government agencies.
- Banking & Finance
- Community Associations
- Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary - Masters of Arts in Theological Studies (2014)
- Graduate Certificate in Biblical Studies - Moody Theological Seminary (2010)
- Washington College of Law - J.D. 1978
- Seton Hall University - Dual Majors: History and Classical Languages (Minor: Theology) - Bachelor of Arts (cum laude) (1970)
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Sarasota County Bar Association
- Florida Academy of Professional Mediators
- Solo Practice Section, American Bar Association
- John & Mable Ringling Museum
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Sarasota Arts Council
- Sarasota Film Society