Since 1999, Mr. Birder has established a busy mediation practice, with more than 1000 mediations across the Central and Northern circuits, including many dozens of cases involving personal injury, auto-accident, wrongful death and trucking claims as well as many other tort and commercial disputes.
Mr. Birder was long a Board Certified Specialist in Civil Trial Law, and has an active law and mediation practice in Jacksonville, St. Augustine , Daytona Beach and Gainesville. He mediates throughout the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 7th and 8th circuits, including not only Jacksonville, St. Augustine, Daytona Beach, Ocala and Gainesville but other cities as well.
- Civil Rights
- Contract Disputes
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability
- Professional Fees
- Professional Negligence
- Wrongful Death
- Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota, J.D. 1982, Cum Laude (Deans List, 2.5 Year Graduate)
- St. Norbert College, DePere, Wisconsin, Bachelor of Arts, 1977, Cum Laude (Deans List, 3 year Graduate)
Memberships & Affiliations
- Trial Lawyers Section, Florida Bar
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- Speaker for numerous professional and civic organizations on issues including legal education.
- Contributing author and editor of several professional articles and publications
- Bar Admissions
- The Florida Bar
- The Wisconsin Bar
- All United States District Courts for states of Florida and Wisconsin
- United States Courts of Appeals, 11th Circuit, 8th Circuit and 7th Circuit
The hourly rate is $350.00 for two party mediations and $395.00 for multiple party mediations. An hour is charged for administrative responsibilities. In addition, a minimum of two (2) hours per half day and four (4) hours per full day will be charged along with the administrative charge.