Academy MemberMap & Directions
David is a Certified Public Accountant and certified as a Civil Trial Specialist by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
David has participated in hundreds, if not thousands, of mediations as an advocate during his career. At the urging of two local district judges, David finally enrolled in and completed the certification training to serve as a court-appointed mediator in 2006. Since that time, David has been appointed by various courts, has been certified as a mediator for the United States District Court, Southern District of Texas, and has been requested by dozens of counsel in pending lawsuits to serve as a mediator.
David utilizes experience in the trenches as an experienced civil trial specialist and his calming listening skills to hone in on the issues at hand. The results speak for themselves.
From the tragic multi-party wrongful death, the complex commercial or construction dispute, troublesome employment situation, to the most direct intersection collision case, David's mediation abilities have proven critical to the parties in resolving and documenting the end of the lawsuits. We've enjoyed a great success rate and will employ those same skills to resolving your dispute.
David received his training at the A.A. White Institute with the University of Houston and maintains an active continuing learning program specifically in the field of mediation. This dedication to staying abreast of the latest developments in the field has earned him the title of "Distinguished Credentialed Mediator" by the Texas Mediator Credentialing Association and a list of approved mediators with the South Texas federal district courts.
He is also recognized as a leader in the field and currently serves the profession as an active member of the Council of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Section of the State Bar of Texas. He has also served as an arbitrator and panel Chair for various construction and commercial arbitrations.
As a professional neutral, David has been selected to serve as a Special Discovery Master and a Receiver in dozens of cases that call upon his multidisciplinary training and experience.
- Contract Disputes
- Debt Collections
- Divorce (High Asset)
- Family Businesses
- Health Care
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Religious Institutions
- Sexual Harassment
- Shareholder Disputes
- Wrongful Death
- GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY LAW CENTER, LLM Tax, degree anticipated 2018
- UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS SCHOOL OF LAW, Juris Doctor, 1989
- UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON LAW CENTER' A.A. White Dispute Resolution Center' Basic Mediation Training, 2006
- UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON LAW CENTER' A.A. White Institute' Advanced Arbitration Skills (Commercial + Int'l)
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- State Bar of Texas- Council, ADR Section
- American Arbitration Association- Roster of Neutrals- Commercial, Construction, and Employment panels
- American Law Institute
- American Bar Association
- Hispanic National Bar Association: Membership Chair, 1992
- Mexican American Bar Association of Texas: State Treasurer, 1991-1992
- Hidalgo County Bar Association: Director, 1995; Director 2008-2010
Half Day- $675.00 per party Full Day- $1,500 per party