Cynthia Dooley provides legal assistance to employers and the insurance industry on matters of Workers' Compensation in South Carolina. Cindy currently serves on the firm's Executive Committee and is a partner on the firm's Workers' Compensation team.
Having spent over 13 years as a Senior Claims Adjuster for Aetna Casualty & Surety Company, Cindy brings a unique prospective to her clients as they navigate through the laws of Worker's Compensation. Cindy's years as an insurance adjuster, has allowed her to provide sound legal advice that frequently results in a cost effective and fair settlement for the insurance carrier, employer and the injured worker. She is often asked to handle or mediate very complex cases which cross over into other areas of the law such as employment law and liability issues.
- Contract Disputes
- Workers' Compensation
- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D., 1997
- University of South Caroilna, B.S., 1978
Memberships & Affiliations
- SC Bar, Workers Compensation Section, Chairman, 2021-2022
- SC Bar, Workers Compensation Section, 2015-2018
- SC Workers Compensation Commission Mediation Advisory Committee, 2014
- SC Workers Compensation Educational Association (Member 1997 to present, 2013 Medical Seminar Committee, 2017 One Day Seminar Committee)
- SC Women Lawyers Association (Member 1997 to present)
- SC Bar (Member 1997 to present)
- Richland County Bar (Member 1997 to present)
- American Bar Association (Member)
Please call for details.