Academy MemberMap & Directions
- Practice Commenced: 1999
- Total Mediations (as of Sep 2019): 1700
Mr. McGlathery is Of Counsel with Stockwell, Sievert, Viccellio, Clements, & Shaddock located in Lake Charles, Louisiana. He has been practicing law for 36 years. He practiced in Natchitoches from 1982-1991 and has practiced in Lake Charles from 1991 to the present. Prior to being a full time mediator, he was a litigator (plaintiff and defense) his entire career.
"ANDREW McGLATHERY MEDIATION" has now been established by Mr. McGlathery.
He previously was a Mediator with McLaughlin McGlathery Mediation and was on the Perry Dampf Dispute Solutions Panel for 8 years.
Andy has conducted more than 1,700 mediations (85%+ Success Rate) throughout Louisiana and in Texas. He has extensive experience in complex, multi-party litigation cases (Personal Injury, Wrongful Death, Medical Malpractice, Nursing Home, Trucking, Railroad, Road Hazard/Defect, Oilfield Legacy, Product Liability, Insurance Coverage, Construction, Maritime, Expropriation, Environmental, Business, and Property & Casualty).
He received formal mediation training, has been an active mediator since 2003, and a full time mediator for 7 years. He was selected to be a Mediator in the Hurricane Mediation Program created by the Louisiana Insurance Commissioner and conducted more than 450 Hurricane Mediations. He has been selected and appointed by the Courts to serve as an Umpire and as a Special Master in numerous cases.
Andy has been selected by his peers to be included in The Best Lawyers in America - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Editions, which is the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession.
Martindale-Hubbell: Awarded a Rating of “AV” Preeminent, representing the highest possible rating by his peers in both legal ability and ethical standards.
He was selected by his peers as a Top Lawyer in Acadiana in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 which is published in the Acadiana Profile Magazine.
He has been selected by his peers to be included in The Best Attorneys in Louisiana for 2013-2019.
He is a Charter Member of the Louisiana Chapter of the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals. Members are selected by their peers and bound to meet stringent practice criteria. Membership is by invitation only and limited to Mediators who have proven experience in their field.
He was recently selected for Lifetime Achievement among America's Top 100 Attorneys. To ensure that attorneys selected for this honor meet the extremely high standards expected for selection, candidates for Lifetime Membership are screened through a comprehensive qualitative analysis. Less than one-half percent (0.5%) of active attorneys in the United States receive this honor.
He has been selected to the America’s Most Honored Professionals 2016-2018. This Award recognizes the “Best of the Best” – the TOP 1 % of CEOs, doctors, attorneys, brokers, entrepreneurs, contractors, and individuals from most all industries and professions.
He has been a Speaker on Mediations at a number of Seminars. He is a dedicated mediator and takes great pride in his mediation practice. He has a reputation for his strong work ethic, for always being prepared, and for being a relentless worker.
Andy and his wife, Jeanne Baer McGlathery, have four children and six grandchildren.
He enjoys being involved in church activities, spending time with his family, hunting, fishing, and watching sporting events.
- ADA Disability
- Business Dissolution
- Civil Rights
- Class Actions
- Community Associations
- Consumer Fraud
- Contract Disputes
- Elder Abuse
- Eminent Domain
- Energy Sector (Oil/Gas)
- Health Care
- Intellectual Property
- Land Use/Planning
- Legal Malpractice
- Lemon Law
- Libel & Slander
- Local Govt./Municipalities
- Medical Devices
- Medical Malpractice
- Natural Disasters
- Non-profit Organizations
- Nursing Homes
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
- Railroad & Trucking
- Real Estate
- Religious Institutions
- Sexual Harassment
- Trusts / Estates
- Workers' Compensation
- Wrongful Death
- B.A., Northwestern State University (1978)
- J.D., Louisiana State University School of Law (1982)
Memberships & Affiliations
· Admitted to practice in all State and Federal Courts in Louisiana
· Served many years as Chairman of a Hearing Committee for the Louisiana State Bar Association Disciplinary Board; previously served on State Court Bench Bar Liaison Committee
· Louisiana Bar Association (Mediation/Arbitration, Insurance, Negligence and Worker's Compensation Sections)
· Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
· Southwest Louisiana Bar Association
· American Bar Association (Mediation/Arbitration, Tort, Insurance, Litigation Sections)
· Fellow, Louisiana Bar Foundation
· Kappa Sigma Fraternity
· Who's Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges
· The Rotary Club of Lake Charles
· Delta Theta Phi
· Member of Our Lady Queen of Heaven Church; previously served as School Board Member for Our Lady Queen of Heaven School
· The Chamber/Southwest Louisiana (Graduate of Leadership Program)
· Dixie Youth Baseball Coach
· Basketball Coach at OLQH School
$300 Per Hour