ADR Services Include:
Thomas M. Clare has substantive case experience in the following areas...
BIOGRAPHICAL:Tom practiced with an insurance defense firm, Teague Campbell Dennis & Gorham, from 1987 to 2007, where he handled a variety of cases, including personal injury and commercial litigation, with a concentration in the defense of workers' compensation claims, including asbestosis and other occupational disease cases. His experience also includes a number of jury trials in both state and federal court, and he has argued cases before the North Carolina Court of Appeals, the North Carolina Supreme Court, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
Tom became a certified mediator in 2001 and has mediated hundreds of cases, primarily in the area of workers' compensation. From January 2008 to April 2011 he was the resident partner in the Raleigh office of Oxner Thomas & Permar, PLLC, where he concentrated his practice in the representation of plaintiffs in workers' compensation cases. Tom is now a full time mediator and is available for mediations statewide in North Carolina.
- University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D. 1982
- East Carolina University, B.A. 1975
Memberships & Affiliations
- Board Certified Workers' Compensation Specialist
- North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers -
Workers' Compensation Section 2008-2011
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys (1987-2007) - Workers' Compensation Section
- North Carolina Bar Association - Workers' Compensation Section
- Speaker at several North Carolina Bar Association seminars on workers' compensation topics
Rates$225 administrative fee and $225 per hour of mediation time. No charge for travel anywhere in North Carolina.
Thomas M. Clare is a member of our NC chapter, NC Academy of Superior Court Mediators, the state's premier roster of certified attorney-mediators. The NCASCM profile includes more specific local information, such as counties and regions served, and can be visited directly at www.ncmediators.org/thomas-clare