||Robert A. Korn
Kaplin Stewart P.C.
910 Harvest Drive
Email: Click for email
Tel: (610) 941-2512
Fax: (610) 684-2019
PA Chapter: www.PAMediators.org
Robert A. Korn regularly travels out of state to Delaware, New Jersey, New York
ADR Services Include:
Mediation; Arbitration; Med-Arb; ADR Training/CME
Robert A. Korn has substantive case experience in the following areas...
Robert A. Korn is of counsel to the firm and an experienced litigator who focused his practice on all aspects of construction, surety, real estate and commmercial law. His prior experience has enabled him to use his skills in arbitrating and mediating complex cases ranging from business disputes to disputes involving public owner, owner developers, construction managers, general contractors, specialty contractors, bonding companies, design professions, to name a few. He has successfully mediated cases where the claims were in excess of seven figures. Many of the cases he has arbitrated have involved claims and counterclaims in excess of seven figures. He also consults with clients to develop dispute resolution strategies.
Mr. Korn has been an arbitrator with the American Arbitration Association since 1970, and serves on its large, complex case panel. He is also a mediator for the American Arbitration Association and has participated in its education programs as an instructor. He has also participated in continuing education programs to enhance his dispute resolution skills, including a one week mediation program at Harvard Law School led by Professor Frank Sander.
Mr. Korn has been recognized as a Super Lawyer and by Best Lawyers in America in the field of construction law.
Prior to joining Kaplin Stewart, Mr. Korn was a founding principal of the firm, Korn & Cohn, in Plymouth Meeting, PA. Mr. Korn serves as counsel to the American Subcontractors Association of Delaware Valley and is a past chairman of the Attorneys' Council of the American Subcontractors Association. He was selected as the first Chairman of the Construction Law Committee of the Real Estate Section of the Philadelphia Bar Association. Mr. Korn is a frequent speaker on construction-related topics and has authored numerous articles for publication.
- Temple University School of Law, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1964, J.D.Honors: Member, Moot Court Board
- Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1961 B.S.
Major: Political Science
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Arbitration Association
- American Bar Association
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Southeastern Chapter
- Construction Financial Management Association
- Delaware Valley Association of School Business Administrators
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Association of School Business Philadelphia Bar Association
- Subcontractors Association of Delaware Valley
- Fidelity and Surety Claims Institute
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute
- The American Society of Civil Engineers
- The American Subcontractors Association
- National Bond Claims Association
- Fellow of the College of Commercial Arbitrators
Rates$550.00 an hour for mediations, plus expenses;for arbitations $410.00 and hour, plus expenses