||Peter L. Michaelson
Michaelson ADR Chambers, LLC
15 Holly Tree Lane
Email: Click for email
Tel: (732) 758-6500
Fax: (732) 758-6501
NJ Chapter: www.NJMediators.org
Additional Offices: New York, NY
Peter L. Michaelson regularly travels out of state to Alaska, Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania
ADR Services Include:
Mediation; Arbitration; Med-Arb; Fact Finding; Discovery Referee; Mini-Trial Judge; Special Master
Peter L. Michaelson has substantive case experience in the following areas...
Energy Sector (Oil, Gas)|
Since 1991, Mr. Michaelson serves as an ADR neutral (e.g. arbitrator and mediator) for many well-known and widely-respected international and domestic
administering organizations. He primarily (though not exclusively) handles technology-related and intellectual property disputes across a wide range of substantive areas
including, e.g., patents (in all technical art areas from, e.g., mechanics, electronics to pharmaceuticals), trademarks, information technology, infrastructure, telecommunications and energy (including oil, gas and solar). Several of his patent-related arbitrations and mediations have involved well over US $ 500 million
in contention. He has also arbitrated over 230 domain name matters, primarily for the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and the National Arbitration Forum. He also serves as a Court-appointed expert in patent law.
By virtue of his extensive expertise, experience and knowledge in the
electronics, computer and telecommunications arts, from 1979-2012, he has acted in a
representational capacity handling patent matters for various clients generally
involving those arts. During that time, he has also handled trademark and other intellectual
property and technology-related matters. He has also served, from 2010-2012, as General Counsel (on a virtual basis) for Direct Grid Technologies, LLC of Edgewood, New York.
Since the late 1990s, he is also an approved mediator for the NJ Superior Court system. He is also a AAA NJ Storm Sandy mediator. He is an accredited mediator by CEDR (UK).
Mr. Michaelson now has an additional arbitration/mediation office located in New York City: 590 Madison Ave, 18th Flr., New York NY 10022
Mr. Michaelson serves a Chair of the New York Branch of The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (based in London, England) and has served as a Trustee (for the Americas Region) for the Institute.
EDUCATION:Mr. Michaelson earned a Master of Laws (LLM) in Trade Regulation from New York University School of Law and a Juris Doctor from Duquesne University School of Law, as well as an M.S. in Electrical Engineering and a B.S. in Electrical Engineering and Economics both from Carnegie-Mellon University.
He has substantial training and experience as an ADR neutral, and has extensively published and spoken widely at professional meetings and events.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Fellow - College of Commercial Arbitrators (US)
- Chair - New York Branch, and Former Trustee (Americas Region), Fellow and Chartered Arbitrator (also Assessor, Examiner and Tutor for Arbitration and Mediation) - Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (UK)
- Fellow and Member of the Panels of Arbitrators and Mediators - Australian Centre for International
Commercial Arbitration (Sydney, Australia)
- Member of Distinguished Panel of Neutrals -- Technology, Bio-tech, e-Discovery Panels - International Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution (CPR)
- Arbitrator (including ICANN String Confusion Objections) - International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR)
- Arbitrator - Commercial Panel (technology sub-panel), Large Complex Case (LCC) Panel,
SEP-FRAND roster, Consumer Account, eCommerce and ICANN Domain Name Dispute Panels and Mediator (including on NJ Storm Sandy Mediation Panel) -- American Arbitration Association (AAA)
- Arbitrator -- British Columbia International Commercial Arbitration Centre
- Arbitrator and Mediator for Intellectual Property Disputes, and Arbitrator for ICANN
Domain Name Disputes and Legal Rights Objections Panels - World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO -- a
specialized agency of the United Nations), (Geneva, Switzerland)
- Arbitrator - International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), International Court of Arbitration
- Arbitrator - Asian Domain Name Dispute Resolution Centre, Hong Kong International
- Member of Panel of IP Arbitrators, Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC, Singapore)
- Arbitrator, Mediator and Domain Name Panelist
Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration (KLRCA; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
- Accredited Mediator - Center for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR, London)
- Arbitrator - Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) (US)
- Member -- International Arbitration Club of New York
- Arbitrator and Mediator -- United States District Court - Eastern District of New York
- Approved Mediator -- New Jersey Superior Court
Peter L. Michaelson is a member of our NJ chapter, The New Jersey Academy of Mediators and Arbitrators, the state's premier roster of attorney mediators and arbitrators. The NJAMA profile includes more specific local information, such as counties and regions served, and can be visited directly at www.njmediators.org/peter-michaelson