||Hon. Patricia M. Killingsworth
BAY Mediation & Arbitration Services
5775 Glenridge Drive NE
Hon. Patricia M. Killingsworth regularly travels out of state to Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee
ADR Services Include:
Mediation; Early Neutral Evaluation; Med-Arb; Facilitation & Systems Design
Hon. Patricia M. Killingsworth has substantive case experience in the following areas...
BIOGRAPHICAL:Hon. Patricia Killingsworth served as a judge at the Georgia State Board of Workers' Compensation from 1987-1996. During her tenure as Chief Judge and Trial Division Director she initiated the alternative dispute resolution program at the Board, where she served as a mediator in addition to her judicial and administrative duties. In addition to her initial ADR training in 1993 with Dispute Management of Orlando, she received advanced mediation training at the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution at Pepperdine University School of Law in 1999, and, most recently, master mediation training with the American Institute of Mediation (August 2010).
Judge Killingsworth has been in private mediation practice for over 15 years and has expanded her practice to include ADA and employment disputes in addition to workers compensation and personal injury litigation, with particular emphasis on catastrophic injury claims. She has now mediated well over 2500 cases, and maintains a resolution rate of better than 90%.
Judge Killingsworth has been active in the ADR community in Georgia throughout her career, and has written numerous articles and spoken at many seminars throughout the State regarding both workers' compensation and alternative dispute resolution issues. She continues to teach workers' compensation law at Georgia State University College of Law, where she has been an adjunct professor since 1990.
- B.A. - Vanderbilt University (1973)
- J.D. - University of Georgia College of Law (1979)
- Mediation Training - Dispute Management of Orlando, Florida (1993)
- Advanced Mediation Training - Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine University School of Law (1999)
- Masters Mediation Training - The National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals (2010)
Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Georgia (Workers' Compensation Section, 1984-present (Board of Directors, 1987-1996);
- Trial Practice Section, 1993-present;
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Section, 1997-present (Chair, 2004-2005);
- Atlanta Bar Association (Workers' Compensation Section 1984-present; Alternative Dispute Resolution Section, 1998-present;
- Member, Governor's Workers' Compensation Advisory Commission (2000-2001);
- Leadership DeKalb, Class of 1997 (Board of Directors, 1997-2001);
- DeKalb County Board of Ethics (1997-2010; Chair, 2002-2004);
- Adjunct Professor of Workers' Compensation Law at Georgia State University College of Law, 1990-present
RatesPlease call for details.
Hon. Patricia M. Killingsworth is a member of our GA chapter, Georgia Academy of Mediators & Arbitrators, the state's premier roster of certified attorney-mediators. The NCASCM profile includes more specific local information, such as counties and regions served, and can be visited directly at www.georgiamediators.org/pat-killingsworth