ADR Services Include:
Mediation; Arbitration; Med-Arb; Fact Finding; ADR Training/CME
Linda Mealey-Lohmann has substantive case experience in the following areas...
Libel & Slander||
Wage & Hour/FMLA|
Attorney LINDA MEALEY-LOHMANN is an experienced Mediator and Arbitrator who practices exclusively in the area of ADR, handling primarily commercial, business, and employment law disputes and civil lawsuits. She has mediated over 350 cases, including employment
discrimination matters, commercial matters, landlord/tenant, breach of
contract, construction, home improvement, and other business disputes.
Prior to her work as an ADR Neutral, Linda was an employment law litigator who counseled and represented clients in employment and discrimination lawsuits in court, arbitration, and mediation (beginning in 1991). Linda serves as a Mediator for:
- American Arbitration Association’s Commercial and Employment Mediation
Panels (since 2013)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (since 2004)
- U.S. Postal Service REDRESS Transformative Mediation Program (since 2007)
- ValueSolve ADR (since 2011).
Linda serves as an Arbitrator for:
- American Arbitration Association’s Commercial and Employment Panels, FINRA,
- Better Business Bureau.
She co-authored The
Minnesota ADR Handbook: A Guide to Mediation, Arbitration, and Other Processes
for Advocates and Neutrals (MN CLE 2011). She is a former Adjunct Professor
at William Mitchell College of Law (ADR Course). Linda is a frequent presenter for MN CLE and has written and presented extensively on ADR, mediation, and employment law topics since 1995. She is fluent in Mandarin Chinese and has lived
in and traveled extensively to China for over thirty years.
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- Juris Doctorate cum laude (1990)
- Master of Arts – Chinese Language and Literature
- Bachelor of Arts – East Asian Studies
- Hundreds of hours of advanced ADR and Employment Law CLEs through MN CLE and MSBA
- AAA American Arbitration Association Arbitration Training (2013)
- Better Business Bureau Auto Line Arbitration Training (2012)
- Labor Law & Labor Arbitration Training, Labor Arbitration Institute (2008)
- MSBA Certified Civil Arbitrator Skills Training (December 2007)
- MN Rule 114 30-hour ADR training at Hamline University School of Law, Dispute Resolution Institute (January 2004)
Memberships & Affiliations
- "Minnesota Super Lawyer" in 2015 & 2016 (ADR)
- 2015 WOMEN IN BUSINESS Honoree, awarded by Minneapolis/St Paul Business Journal - May 2015
of the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
- Recipient of the Alumni of Notable Achievement Award, College of Liberal Arts, University of Minnesota (2010)
- Recipient of the Martin Blum Community Mediation Award, Dispute Resolution Center, St. Paul, MN (2008)
- Member of the American Bar Association and the ABA Dispute Resolution Section (2005 to present)
- Past Chair of the ADR Section of the Minnesota State Bar Association for 2014-15 and 2013-14 terms (section member since 2005)
- Member of the Minnesota
State Bar (Active Status) and California State Bar Association (Inactive
- Vice President and Secretary, US-China Peoples Friendship Association, Minnesota Chapter (USCPFA-MN)
- President and Co-Founding Director, The Minnesota China Friendship Garden Society
RatesPlease call for details.