||Kim W. Torres
Torres Mediation Services
1300 W. Eau Gallie Blvd., Ste. A
Email: Click for email
Tel: (321) 821-9995
Fax: (321) 574-4224
FL Chapter: www.FloridaMediators.org
Kim W. Torres regularly travels out of state to Alabama, California, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, New York, South Carolina
ADR Services Include:
Mediation; Facilitation & Systems Design
Kim W. Torres has substantive case experience in the following areas...
BIOGRAPHICAL:Kim Torres is a Certified mediator in the areas of Circuit Civil, Family and County courts, as well as being approved for Appellate, Federal and Bankruptcy matters. She has been a member of the Florida Bar since 1985 and has practiced exclusively as a Mediator since 2000, mediating well over 2000 cases.
Kim has established a full time mediation practice in the areas of mortgage foreclosure, civil conflicts, contract//business disputes, Homeowner Assn. issues, guardianship and elder care disputes. In addition to running her private mediation business, Kim is actively involved in mediation in the Civil and Family Mediation courts in Brevard County.
In recognition of her professionalism and commitment, she was honored as the Circuit Civil Mediator of the Year for Brevard County in 2007. Most recently, Kim has worked with the courts in the development of the Foreclosure Mediation program for Brevard County. She currently mediates throughout the State of Florida in response to demand for her effective skills and approachable style.
As a lawyer, she has practiced in the areas of Real Estate and property transactions, as well as general business issues. Kim has served as an evaluator for mediators-in-training for the Defense Equal Opportunity Management Dispute Institute (DEOMI) at Patrick Air Force Base and has made presentations to other mediators for the Dispute Resolution Center annual conference. She has also served as a presenter and trainer for Peer Mediation programs in Brevard County. Her experience includes successfully mediating civil disputes that include breaches of contract and Homeowners' Association issues. Kim has developed an expertise in mortgage foreclosures, mortgage modifications in bankruptcy and consumer credit cases.
A native of Florida, Kim received both her undergraduate and law degrees from Florida State University. In addition to the Florida Bar, she currently holds memberships with the Florida Academy of Professional Mediators, the Brevard County Bar Association and the Brevard Association of Women Lawyers. Kim has also served on Boards and in leadership positions for various community organizations, including the Board of the Brevard Bar Foundation, Family Counseling Center of Brevard and the Junior League of South Brevard.
As a member of the Florida Circuit-Civil Mediators' Society, the International Mediators Institute and the Academy of Distinguished Neutrals, Kim has been selected by her peers as one of the most elite members of the mediation profession. This honor has been earned through years of experience and referrals by members of the legal profession who recognize her skill and effectiveness.
Kim is available for mediations throughout the State of Florida. Her areas of focus include: real estate litigation, guardianship and elder care issues, consumer credit issues, breach of contract, landlord/tenant claims, mortgage foreclosure, debt collection, personal injury, condominium and Homeowners Assn. problems, contract disputes and uncontested divorces. While using her legal training, Kim is particularly skilled in addressing the psychological concerns of the parties during mediation which can open the door to the effective resolution of their disputes.
She has a special interest in matters that involve pro se parties and disputes that are relationship based.
Please inquire about medical malpractice, and complex commerical and multiparty mediations, which may be held anywhere in the State of Florida.
Kim co-mediates these cases with a Board Certified Trial Attorney with over 25 years of complex litigation experience.
This provides the parties with both subject matter expertise and advanced mediation skills developed through years of experience.
- Florida State Univ, Magna Cum Laude, BA in Social Sciences, Political Sciences and International Affairs - 1981
- Florida State Univ, College of Law - 1985
- Native Floridian - providing services across the State of Florida
- Circuit Civil Mediation Training 1999
- Family Mediation Training 2000
- Mortgage Modification Foreclosure Training at Collins Center, American Arbitration and USF
- Elder/Adult Family Mediation Training
- Healthcare Disputes Training at USF
- Appellate Mediation Training with 5th DCA 2004
- Florida Lemon Law Arbitration Training
- Mortgage Modification Bankruptcy Training
- Advanced Training with the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals (Boston, Denver, Orlando)
- Elder Caring Coordinator Training, Pilot Program
Memberships & Affiliations
- Florida Academy of Professional Mediators
- Florida Bar ADR Section, Executive Board
- International Mediation Institute
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
- Approved Appellate Mediator, 5th DCA
- Elder Caring Coordinator, Pilot Program 18th Cir.
- Approved for Federal Court in the Middle District
- Qualified for Bankruptcy Mortgage Modifications
- Florida Circuit-Civil Mediators Society
- Florida Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Premium Member of Mediate.com
- Brevard County Bar Association
- Brevard County Bar Foundation
- Circuit Civil Mediator of the Year, 2007, Brevard County
- American Bar Association
- Brevard County Association of Women Lawyers
- Evaluator for DEOMI (Department of Equal Opportunity Management Dispute Institute) at Patrick Air Force Base
- Family Counseling Center of Brevard, Board of Directors
- Collins Center for Public Policy
- American Arbitration Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Fdn. RMFM program
- League of Women Voters of Space Coast
- Junior League of South Brevard
- National Assn. of Professional Women
RatesMediation fees are charged at $250 per hour with a minimum of two hours. Foreclosure mediations are charged as a flat fee based on the county where the mediation takes place.
Kim W. Torres is a member of our FL chapter, Florida Circuit-Civil Mediator Society, Florida's premier roster of distinguished attorney-mediators. The FCCMS profile includes more specific local information, such as counties and regions served, and can be visited directly at www.floridamediators.org/kim-torres