ADR Services Include:
Jeffrey P. Palmer Esq. has substantive case experience in the following areas...
BIOGRAPHICAL:In fulltime mediation since 1994, Jeffrey Palmer has been called a superb mediator. His legal experience combined with his business management background equip him with skills that are unique among professional neutrals.
After Army service in Vietnam, Jeff began his law practice in 1973. Later, his management and legal experience were needed as head of his family's aerospace manufacturing business, 1978-1992. In this capacity, he negotiated contracts with union employees, handled orders and specifications by customers and government agencies, and developed commercial real estate. Jeff earned his MBA in 1985 from Pepperdine University's Presidents and Key Executives Program, noted for its emphasis on team and consensus building as elements of business success.
Attorneys and clients alike appreciate his grasp of the ramifications of proposed options in complex cases and his ability to dissolve impasse. Jeff uses his experience to resolve disputes efficiently and respectfully by keeping the negotiations frank and focused.
- BA University of California 1968
- JD University of Maryland 1973
- MBA Pepperdine University 1985
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Institute for Dispute Resolution -
"Mediating the Litigated Case." Forty-two hours of lectures and role-plays focused on litigated cases, Irvine, CA 1/19/96.
- ADR Associates, Nancy Yeend, John Paul Jones, Trainers:
40 hrs of lectures and role-plays focused on Commercial Mediation, Palo Alto, CA (1992).
- The Center for Community Mediation, D.B.A. The Mediation Center
- Thirty hours of lectures and role-plays, Mediation Training For Volunteers Irvine, CA (1992).
- The Rutter Group - "Settling P.I. Cases" Six hours of lectures, Los Angeles, CA (1995).
- First Mediation Corporation course
- "SCMA Employment Dispute Seminar" Six hours of lectures, Santa Monica, CA (1995).
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Dispute Resolution Services
- "Advanced Mediation" Six hours of lectures, Los Angeles, CA (1994).
- California Lawyers for the Arts - Arbitration & Mediation Service
- Seven hours of lectures and role-plays, Santa Monica, CA (1993).
- Ventura County Superior and Municipal Courts Dispute Resolution Program
- Four hours of lectures, Ventura, CA (1993).
- Los Angles County Bar Association, SUPERIOR COURT ARBITRATOR TRAINING, Los Angeles, CA (1993).
- Orange County Bar Association, SUPERIOR COURT ARBITRATOR TRAINING, Santa Ana, CA (1993).
Memberships & Affiliations
- Mediator, Los Angeles Superior Court.
- Mediator, Probate Department 11, Los Angeles Superior Court.
- Mediator, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Mediator, California Department of Insurance, Earthquake Claims
- Arbitrator/Mediator, Ventura Superior Court.
- Arbitrator, San Bernardino Superior Court.
- Arbitrator/Mediator, National Association of Securities Dealers-NASD
- Arbitrator, The Pacific Exchange
- Arbitrator, Arbitration Works, Inc., Sacramento (CSLB)
- Judge Pro Tem, Los Angeles Municipal Court
- Judge Pro Tem, Pasadena Municipal Court
Trainer, California Mediation Institute
- Regular Member, Society of Professionals in Dispute Resolution (SPIDR)
- Former Officer, Southern California Mediation Association
RatesPlease call for details.
Jeffrey P. Palmer Esq. is a member of our CA chapter, California Academy of Distinguished Neutrals, California's premier roster of preeminent mediators and arbitrators. The CADN profile includes more specific local information, such as counties and regions served, and can be visited directly at www.californianeutrals.org/jeffrey-palmer