ADR Services Include:
Mediation; Arbitration; Med-Arb
Henry W. Gorham has substantive case experience in the following areas...
Henry has extensive experience litigating commercial, governmental, condemnation and public officials’ liability cases, as well as a variety of real estate and construction-defect issues. He also defends real estate professionals and litigates complex personal injury, products liability, environmental and insurance-coverage questions. Henry serves as an arbitrator and mediator for the American Arbitration Association and is a certified mediator for all Superior Courts in North Carolina, and in the United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of North Carolina. He is a member of the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals and the North Carolina Academy of Superior Court Mediators.
AV-Rated Attorney since 1989 – Martindale-Hubbell’s highest ranking in legal ability and ethical standards.
Best Lawyers of America© 2015 – Henry Gorham was selected by his peers for inclusion in the field of Commercial Litigation.
- Juris Doctor degree from Wake Forest University, 1974
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, East Carolina University, 1971
- AAA Webinar, Dispositive Motions in Arbitration: Best Practices for Advocates & Arbitrators, 2016
- AAA Webinar, Consolidation and Joinder Issues in Construction Arbitration, 2015
- Debunking the Myths and Misperceptions of Construction Arbitration, 2014
- AAA Webinar, Where Do We Draw the Line? Ethics in Arbitration, 2013
- AAA Webinar, Eight Problems the Commercial Real Estate Crash Uncovered and How ADR Can Resolve the Issues, 2012
- AAA Webinar, RESULTS - Effective Construction Arbitration on a Budget, 2012
- AAA Maximizing Efficiency & Economy in Arbitration: Challenges at the Preliminary Hearing, 2011
- AAA Chairing an Arbitration Panel: Managing Procedures, Process & Dynamics (ACE005), 2010, 2005
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys, Construction Litigation, 2008
- North Carolina Bar Association, Gain the Edge! Negotiation Strategies for Lawyers and Business Professionals, 2008
- AAA Arbitrator Ethics & Disclosure (ACE003), 2007
- AAA Dealing With Delay Tactics in Arbitration (ACE004), 2006
- DRI Construction Law Seminar, 2006; DRI Residential, Construction Law Seminar, 2005
- AAA Arbitration Awards: Safeguarding, Deciding & Writing Awards (ACE001), 2005
- Prior ADR training since 1994
Memberships & Affiliations
- North Carolina and Wake County Bar Associations
- Member of AAA Panel of Arbitrators and Mediators
- North Carolina Academy of Superior Court Mediators
- Defense Research Institute
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Licensed to practice in all of the state courts of North Carolina
- Admitted to practice in the United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of North Carolina, and the Fourth Circuit of the United States Court of Appeals
RatesFor services as Mediator:
Administration Fee: $225
Hearing: $225 / hr.
Study: $225 / hr.
Travel: No charge for up to 2 hrs., 2 hrs or more: $75/Hr.
For services as Arbitrator: Please call for rates.
Henry W. Gorham is a member of our NC chapter, NC Academy of Superior Court Mediators, the state's premier roster of certified attorney-mediators. The NCASCM profile includes more specific local information, such as counties and regions served, and can be visited directly at www.ncmediators.org/henry-gorham