ADR Services Include:
Mediation; Arbitration; Early Neutral Evaluation; Med-Arb; Mini-Trial Judge; Special Master; ADR Training/CME
Craig C. Beles has substantive case experience in the following areas...
40 years of experience as a trial and ADR advocate, commercial arbitrator, mediator, law professor and legal consultant.
Chosen to arbitrate nearly 300 disputes involving commercial and international contracts, high technology, intellectual property, personal injury, insurance, healthcare, securities, employment and construction law issues.
In 2010, named a Fulbright Scholar by the U.S. State Department teaching International Dispute Resolution and Comparative Torts in Brno and Prague, Czech Republic.
In 2013, awarded a 5-year appointment to the Fulbright Specialist Roster with a specialty in “International ADR."
During the Summer of 2015, named a Fulbright Specialist in International Peace & Conflict Resolution by the U. S. State Department to assist the Republic of Mauritius in developing a culture of ADR.
Since 1990, AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest recognition possible in the legal industry, for his professionalism and ethics.
Rated “10.0 Superb” by Avvo since 2007.
Chosen "Global Award Winner in International Trade," by Corporate LiveWire in 2015.
Chosen “Seattle Top ADR and Mediation Lawyer,” by Seattle Metro Magazine in 2010.
Rated “Top Ten Lawyers in Washington State,” in the area of “Contracts/Agreements,” by CEO Magazine in 2008.
Rated "Exceptionally Well Qualified" to sit on the Superior Court bench by the county and all county minority bar associations.
- Boalt Hall, University of California at Berkeley, LL.M., International Practice, with High Honors, 1988
- Gonzaga University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 1975
- University of California at Santa Cruz, B.A., Psychology, 1971
Memberships & Affiliations
- WSBA ADR Section, Chair-Elect & International
Practice Section Member
- WSBA Board of Bar Examiners, Past Chair
- WSBA Judicial Recommendations Committee Member
- CIArb - The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, London
- Fulbright Specialist Roster in International ADR
- ABA International Section
- AAA – American Arbitration Association
Arbitrator (Commercial, International, Large Complex, Employment, Construction, Mass
Claims, and Consumer Arbitration & Mediation Panels), Seattle
- WIPO - World Intellectual Property Organization
- FINRA - Financial Industry Regulatory Authority Arbitrator,
- ICDR - International Centre for Dispute
Resolution Arbitrator, New York
- ICC - International Chamber of Commerce
Arbitrator, Washington DC
- CPR - International
Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution Arbitrator, New York
- Resolute Systems, LLC
- WSBA - Disciplinary Board Hearing & Settlement Officer
- U.S. District Court Rule 39.1 Arbitrator &
- King County - Mandatory Arbitration Rules
- Charles Powell Trial Advocacy Inn of Court,
Rates$450 Per Hour
Includes study, hearing and award preparation.
For travel outside the greater Puget Sound area: $50 Per Hour travel time, plus costs of pre-approved travel and lodging, plus reasonable meal expenses. Available for travel worldwide.
$500 cancellation fee if evidentiary hearing is cancelled within 3 days prior.